Zero Trust Architect
XOR Security, an Agile Defense Company is currently looking for an experienced Zero Trust (ZTA) Architect specializing in Palo Alto to support one of our prime contracts in Washington, D.C. The ZTA Architect will also provide effective leadership, engineering guidance and hands-on support towards a ZTA end-state.
*** Onsite twice a week in Washington, D.C. - The role can also be remote, must be in Washington, D.C., once a month (Tuesday - Thursday). Company will cover cost!
- Lead technical working groups to assess, design, and architect roadmaps towards implementation of ZTA solutions covering least-privileged access, continuous trust verification, continuous security inspection, protection of all data, and security for all applications.
- Provide technical recommendations for ZTA initiatives by integrating new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designing cybersecurity architectural artifacts, providing architectural analysis and evaluating existing system to future needs and trends.
- Create project plan, schedule, and charts to track ZTA progress
- Host weekly briefing to leadership to provide status and schedule of ZTA initiatives.
- Attend ZTA related meetings for both VA and government wide related functions.
- Conducts software and systems engineering and software systems research to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems
- Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates information system security throughout the systems development life cycle
- Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, and administers the infrastructure hardware and software
- Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design
- Responsible for the full range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access
- Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research
- Designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration/testing issues
- Has developed trusted relationships with customers
- May mentor and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
- May serve as a team or task lead
- Recognized as an industry leader in Cybersecurity
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of technical experience with experience architecting cybersecurity systems
- In-depth working knowledge of Palo Alto ZTA solutions
- Palo Alto Prisma experience
- Understanding of ZTA maturity model
- This position may require for requires US Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain a VA Public Trust
- Any of the following certifications in Palo Alto - PCCET PCNSA PCNSE PCCSE PCSAE PCDRA
- Certifications in Zero Trust technologies
- CISSP and/or CISSP-ISSAP
- Any top/architect-level tool-specific certifications
- Master's Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science or relevant STEM
XOR Security, an Agile Defense Company offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security, An Agile Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.