Tax Accountant (Hybrid in CDMX)
Job Summary: The Tax Accountant will be responsible for Mexico VAT compliance, VAT refunds, tax provision preparation, tax account reconciliations, and tax research to ensure accurate and timely filing of returns – focused on the Mexico region. Assist with international expansion and local tax audits as needed.Work Location: Hybrid in CDMX. In-office meetings will be 2 - 4 times per month or as needed. Fluent, Bi-lingual (Spanish and English): Please submit a resume in English to be considered for the role. interviews will be held in English.
- Must know the Mexico local VAT rules and proper method for documenting VAT work papers, refunds, and returns.
- Assist with tax audits as needed (primarily VAT-related)– gather and organize documentation and responses.
- Preparation of US GAAP and Local Statutory provisions and local tax compliances for Rackspace MX as needed.
- Experience with withholding tax rules worldwide, specifically in Latin America and South[AC1] America.
- Prepare Mexico's country income tax return and the ISSIF.
- Coordination with international accounting departments in the company.
- Perform tax research and analysis and prepare written documentation to support tax positions taken.
- Excellent computer skills. Skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) are a must. Skills in accounting software (Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle) preferred.
- A strong ability to communicate information and ideas in English and Spanish both verbally and written so others can easily comprehend communication. Must be fluent in both languages.
- Ability to successfully work with other departments in the company and with teams in Latin America, the US, the UK, and Switzerland.
- Calculate monthly and/or quarterly journal entry postings and upload them into Oracle.
- Prepare quarterly account reconciliations.
- Develop knowledge of applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Mexico VAT compliance and refund experience are required. Additional Latin American and South American experience is preferred.
- Experience in ISSIF filling required
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of accounting and tax.
- General knowledge of finance, financial planning, accounting, and tax areas of a business.
- General knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, and local GAAP reporting requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of the proper method for documenting tax and accounting calculations and preparing supporting workpapers.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Excel/Word/Outlook) and accounting software.
- Strong ability to communicate financial information and ideas both verbally and written so others can comprehend.
- Ability to successfully work with other departments in the company and with teams outside the US.
- Ability to analyze large data sets.
- Ability to adapt, learn, and apply professional concepts.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- Works on problems of a moderate score where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Prepares tax returns (e.g., State, Local, Income, Indirect, etc.). Prepares statistical and financial reports, on a regular assigned basis. Prepares and analyzes tax records and reports. Prepares claims for tax refunds. Maintains company tax records and files. Keeps current on tax laws and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree in Tax or Accounting preferred.
- CPA certification (Accounting certification or Mexico equivalent) is preferred.
- Requires 4-5 years of professional accounting experience, with emphasis on tax.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a professional accounting firm or large corporate tax department.
- Mexico VAT experience required. Tax provision experience preferred. International tax experience preferred.
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in Mexico CityCyber Security Jobs in Ciudad de MéxicoCyber Security Jobs in MexicoCyber Security Jobs in North AmericaCyber Security Jobs in Mexico CityCyber Security Jobs in Ciudad de MéxicoCyber Security Jobs in MexicoCyber Security Jobs in North America
Cyber Security Salaries
Remote SalaryFull Time SalaryCyber Security Salary in Mexico CityCyber Security Salary in Ciudad de MéxicoCyber Security Salary in MexicoCyber Security Salary in North AmericaCyber Security Salary in Mexico CityCyber Security Salary in Ciudad de MéxicoCyber Security Salary in MexicoCyber Security Salary in North America