Job Summary: The Solutions Architect role is a recognized subject matter expert and thought leader with deep specialized product or technical expertise in migration and data center consolidation to managed services for enterprise customers requiring technical consultancy as part of their Rackspace relationship. This position will be working with diverse presales, sales, technical consultancy, project management, support and partner teams ensuring customer business needs are technically translated and delivered through your consulting engagements. Engagements will be primarily focused on migration (transition), transformation and infrastructure consolidation, but may also include automation, optimization, and lifecycle services. As an experienced technical consultant, you will be accountable for customer technical project propositioning, scoping, design and delivery. You will be accountable for the technical outcomes of your engagements. Work Location: Remote
- Serves as a subject matter expert for AWS to orchestrate and lead professional services presales and delivery efforts inclusive of holistic IT migration, optimization, consolidation, and transformation solutions for FTSE 500 customers inclusive of discovery, analysis, planning and delivery.
- Lead and facilitate group white- boarding sessions to articulate Rackspace solutions and professional services methodology.
- Manage a broad range of activities including the coordination of several internal departments and 3rd party partners to structure realistic, innovative and cost-effective solutions to meet customer objectives and expectations in a timely manner.
- Communicate with project managers, extended Rackspace teams and partners during presales and project delivery to ensure timely delivery and awareness of potential problems or risk requiring resolution or mitigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field required, Master’s degree preferred. Additional experience may substitute for the degree requirement at a rate of 3 years of experience for 1 year of education.
- AWS Solutions Architect certification is preferred.
- 10+ years of combined technical support experience and pre-sales technical support experience.
- Expert level knowledge of AWS.
- Experience working in a project environment, in a supplier, vendor or consultant capacity.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Ability to provide FANATICAL support by driving the value of Rackspace to both potential and existing Rackspace customers and internal sales teams alike. Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life