Senior Cloud Software Architect (copy)
Job Summary: As a Rackspce SR Cloud Software Architect you’ll Design, develop, test, debug and implement operating systems components, software tools and utilities. Determine systems software design requirements. Ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Generate systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures. May participate in all aspects of software development, from detailed programming to high-level system design Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed. Work Location: Remote
- Oversee team members to discuss current projects, workload and activities; prioritizes resources accordingly.
- Improve workload management by supporting others in setting priorities and by postponing less relevant work.
- Strategically focus self and others on top priorities; effectively manages overlapping timelines and competing demands.
- Persuade others by supporting ideas with logical arguments/data, recognizing what information to share and when to share it; builds support to resolve issues and achieve the most favorable outcome for the company.
- Engage in discussion in more complex situations to help others arrange agreements and ensure maximum value and sustainability for all parties.
- Use understanding of the potential outcomes for both parties to create win-win solutions that identify alternatives to meet each party’s needs.
- Creatively develop tools, visual aids and other original content to support the understanding/education of complex and technical information (e.g., legal, operational risk, and regulatory data).
- Guide others on the best practices and approaches for creating clear, concise and organized communication materials to convey technical concepts in a user-friendly way.
- Challenge others to bring fresh and creative perspective to differentiating technical communications and ensuring comprehension and ease-of-use for various audiences.
- Exceeds customers’ expectations by listening for unexpressed needs; connects customer needs to relevant service offerings and new technology.
- Lead others in resolving technical issues in a timely manner; follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Partner with the business to integrate new technologies into business solutions; creates and communicates a vision of the technology requirements for the future state of the business.
- Prioritize workload and ensures that deadlines are successfully met; delegates or seeks additional staff when necessary.
- Identify short- and long-term barriers to completing project plans and takes corrective action to meet deliverable objectives.
- Manage multifaceted projects or assignments, such as projects that have several separate components, with minimal error and without missing important deliverables.
- Provide guidance and expertise to analyze data and patterns and assess the root cause of complex, non-routine problems.
- Collaborate with others across disciplines to brainstorm and execute solutions to the most complex, uncommon problems.
- Guide the execution of solutions for complex, non-routine issues; redirects solution implementation if desired results were not originally met.
- Provide tactical scope and work directly with the business representatives/customers to understand the requirements driving the need for a solution to be developed.
- Lead teams of both business and technical colleagues throughout the course of the project, and communicate with each of them effectively.
- Be an AWS evangelist by educating a variety of customers on the value of AWS.
- Help customers transition to the cloud in a high-value migration approach that leverages best of breed designs and practices delivered in an agile model.
- Establish credibility and build impactful relationships with our customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Lead and participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new, or migrating existing, applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field required. Additional experience may substitute for the degree requirement at a rate of 4 years of experience for 1 year of education.
- Preferred: AWS SA Cert – Professional
- 12+ years of related experience.
- Experienced with Java or C#.
- Knowledge with at least one other programming language such as Node.js, Scala, Python, or GO.
- Knowledge within distributed systems or a microservice based architecture.
- Expert leadership skills to effectively communicate and manage a technical team.
- Knowledge and professional use of AWS Cloud with an emphasis on serverless technologies.
- Ability to build containerized applications and systems.
- Knowledge and professional experience with CI/CD pipelines for serverless and container applications. Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life