Security Operations Center (SOC) Engineer
Aspire is the leading all-in-one finance operating system for growing businesses in APAC. We are on a mission to reinvent business finance for a new generation of entrepreneurs and business owners, empowering startups and MSME to realise their full potential.
Founded in 2018, Aspire has raised over USD 300M+ across equity and debt from world-class investors. In 2023, we successfully closed an oversubscribed USD 100 million Series C equity round led by Sequoia Capital and Lightspeed Ventures with participation of Tencent, Paypal Ventures, LGT Capital Partners, Picus Capital and MassMutual Ventures. To power our solutions, we have partnered with some of the best companies in the world such as Visa and Wise and helped more than 15,000 businesses using our suite of products.
For 2 consecutive years in 2022 & 2023, Aspire has been awarded Best Employer of the Year and Startup of the year by Asia FinTech Awards, and also LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Singapore. In 2023, we also made it to CB Insights’ Top 100 Global Fintech List.
You will be amazed by the energy and experience of our team! Aspire serves as an environment for you to innovate and drive change with our team of ex-entrepreneurs, ex-founders, and high-achievers with international and diverse backgrounds.
Are you a top talent who is passionate about entrepreneurship? Join our rapidly growing team to make an impact in the fintech space!
About the team:
At Aspire, we recognize that data and infrastructure security are paramount to the success and trust of our customers. Our Security Team is at the forefront of protecting and securing our systems, ensuring compliance with industry best practices, and continuously learning and evolving to stay ahead of emerging threats. Our emphasis extends to data privacy, seamlessly integrating it into our security initiatives.
About the role:
As a SOC Engineer at Aspire, you'll play a pivotal role in the administration of our IT systems, SOC development, and swift response to security alerts. Join a dynamic and rapidly growing security team, with minimal requirements for on-premise administration. Your expertise in cloud environments and Software as a Service (SaaS) will be indispensable.
- Keep building our SIEM/SOC with Azure Sentinel, DataDog and everything you think we should use.
- Monitor and analyze security logs and alerts to detect potential security threats.
- Swiftly investigate and respond to security incidents and audits.
- Collaborate with IT and cross-functional teams to reinforce security measures and controls.
- Engage in incident response, disaster recovery planning, and related exercises.
- Support IT integration, encompassing hardware, software maintenance, backups, and updates.
- Offer technical support to internal teams and end-users.
- Enhance the security architecture for SOC tools and other IT technologies.
- Document, respond, and report on security incidents and IT operations.
- Continuously refine IT operation processes and procedures to ensure top-tier and secure service delivery.
- Draft user manuals, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and FAQs.
- Steer and support daily IT and security initiatives.
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Tertiary education from a recognized University or Polytechnic.
- Expertise in security event triaging, tools such as Azure Sentinel, Azure Logic Apps, DataDog SIEM, MS Defender, and platforms like Python and Jira.
- Skilled in memory forensics, malware analysis, network traffic, and log scrutiny.
- Passion for staying abreast of the latest security trends and tech for optimal security maintenance.
- Prior experience in SOC construction, maintenance, and operations.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or a related field.
- Familiarity with AWS, GCloud, GitHub, Okta, Notion, Google Workspace, 1Password, CloudFlare, Azure Logic Apps, and malware analysis.
- Experience in retesting penetration testing findings.
- Proficiency with Linux environments.
- Software development skills, especially in Python, Go, Bash, and Powershell.
- Personal tech projects showcased on platforms like a blog or Github.
What we offer
- Uncapped flexible annual leave.
- Hybrid work arrangement.
- Training subsidy for your professional growth.
- Wellness benefit.
- Team bonding budget to foster collaboration and sense of belonging.
- Flexibility to work from anywhere (for up to 90 days per annum) and Work from Home subsidy.
- Culture is Key: Most importantly, we always strive to cultivate a special culture that brings special talents together - You may learn more about our culture at our careers site and LinkedIn Life page.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Aspire is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by applicable laws.
Please note: by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Aspire’s Data Protection Policy for Employees, Freelancers, Contractors and Job Applicants (the “Policy”), and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by Aspire for the purposes set out in the Policy. You may withdraw consent for such collection, use and disclosure, and make an access or correction request in respect of your personal data, in accordance with the Policy by emailing [email protected].