See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Security Engineer - Insider Risk
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We are seeking an Insider Risk Security Engineer that will work within the Twilio Threat Detection and Response group [TDR]. The engineer will be responsible for conducting Insider Risk investigations in collaboration with internal/external stakeholders, gathering Insider risk intelligence through various sources, educating the team with industry specific standards, contributing to IR [Insider risk] investigation metrics, and supporting program planning.
In this role, you’ll:
- Conducting insider risk investigations and streamlining the investigative process.
- Tracking and documenting formal investigations and/or informal inquiries in the case management system.
- Identify and gather information from intelligence data sources, working groups, software applications and document trends and patterns of possible insider risks.
- Work independently and create documentation related to Insider risk policies, procedures, processes etc.
- Conduct high technical investigations utilizing data from detection tools, including UEBA, SIEM and others.
- Apply discretion and professionalism when conducting user-based investigations and inquiries.
- Coordinate with Insider Risk, Threat Intel/Hunt, Detection Engineering, SIRT teams to identify and implement opportunities for continuous program improvement like automation.
- Delivering effective, timely, and succinct communication of important topics, risks, and issues to relevant leadership and stakeholders.
- Learn new technologies and adapt to changes quickly.
- Support BAU when required - review of daily alerts on UAM, triage violations, support project related work.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 3+ years of experience in Insider Risk, Data Loss Prevention, Cyber, Investigative analysis, or the Intelligence field.
- At least 3 years of experience leading or conducting technical investigations utilizing Insider risk tools (UEBA, SIEM, DLP).
- Broad knowledge of Cloud Solutions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), IT technologies, operating systems, applications and network security platforms.
- Insider Risk Program related certifications.
- Broad understanding of IT security concepts and knowledge of Incident management, or ability to identify anomalous activities and associated risks.
- Strong verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority.
- Strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
Dublin-Ireland. This role will be in-office or remote.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].