Sales Executive II - San Antonio, TX
Specializes in identifying, developing, and closing opportunities with new or existing customers that deliver incremental profitable growth and positive customer experiences. Owns and develops customer relationships, collaborating with both customers and internal resources to address customer and company priorities. Leverages subject matter experts and provides solutions aligned with business-unit priorities to satisfy customer needs. Responsible for the full sales cycle, from winning new customers to growing share of wallet in targeted existing customers for Rackspace. Utilizes industry knowledge to differentiate Rackspace and to acquire new customers and drive new footprint. Builds deep relationships with strategic customers and prospects, presenting viable IT and business solutions. Utilizes an entrepreneurial mindset to develop a hunting list of target customers aligned with Rackspace's multi- cloud solutions. Engages with C-suite executives, leveraging executive presence and emotional intelligence to understand customer challenges and competitor behavior to translate technology into impactful business solutions. Plans and executes pursuit and win strategies for specified opportunities, leads account reviews, and provides support to ensure successful development and implementation of strategic account plans, all while embodying Rackspace's core values in the sales arena. Higher-levels responsible for large deal business development and retention of strategic new customer acquisitions and high-value existing customers to generate sustainable revenues in line with business objectives.
Career Level Summary
- Career-developing seller.
- Possesses a working understanding of company products/services and utilizes sales techniques effectively.
- Completes moderately complex sales with minimal supervision.
- Requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
- Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or processes in analyzing situations.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Customer Knowledge: Capitalizes on deep understanding of current customer’s organization structure, business processes, strategic objectives and challenges in order to anticipate and meet customer needs.
- Relationship Management: Cultivates relationships with broad groups inside the organization (e.g., leadership team, business partners) and externally with key constituents, partners and allies (e.g., government, industry groups); provides recommendations for managing challenging relationships.
- Negotiation and Influence: Persuades others by supporting ideas with logical arguments/data, recognizing what information to share and when to share it; builds support to resolve issues and achieve the most favorable outcome for the company.
- Technical Knowledge of Products: Demonstrates knowledge of market segments as well as market data trends and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Systems Thinking: Leads collaboration with key stakeholders and contributes subject matter expertise to develop unique solutions to complex issues.
- Other Incidental tasks related to the job, as necessary.
- Guides customer satisfaction, account retention and growth by collaborating with customers and internal teams.
- Develops strong relationships with executives and influencers to expand and implement effective, enterprise-wide strategies.
- Owns forecasting and account planning on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Leads a defined sales process for all Rackspace solutions.
- Cultivates new business opportunities for new and/or existing accounts.
- Meets with qualified leads to better understand customer needs and provide proposals.
- Leads efforts to create proposal for solution to prove value add.
- Leads the negotiation, closure, and documentation of customer renewals for customers.
- Works with Customer Success Manager to invest in higher service levels for a customer with low MRR but high wallet and to identify and pursue opportunities for upgrades, cross-selling, and upselling.
- Creates advocates out of customers by delivering fanatical customer experience and leverages customer advocates to drive additional sales.
- Utilizes and updates CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly goals.
- Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Able to effectively communicate over the phone, through email, and face-to-face.
- Able to overcome a moderate level of resistance that will be encountered early in the sales process.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Able to communicate the same message in a different way to both technical and business-oriented people.
- Superior ability to adapt messages to stakeholders at all levels of the company, from CTO level to front-line technical support.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Goal oriented with superior work ethic.
- Able to influence others in decision-making.
- Superior negotiation skills and the ability to negotiate with many personality types.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work numerous projects at once.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a high level of patience and the ability to nurture.
- Able to develop and manage internal and external business relationships of various temperaments, talents and convictions.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Sales, Marketing, Business or a related field..
- High School Diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED) required.
- 2 - 4 years of B2B sales and customer account management experience required.
- Experience with outbound sales activities required.
- Experience cultivating new business with new and/or existing customers required.
- Occasional domestic/international travel, less than 50%
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in United StatesCyber Security Jobs in North AmericaCyber Security Jobs in San AntonioCyber Security Jobs in TexasCyber Security Jobs in United StatesCyber Security Jobs in North America