Online Sales Development Representative II - San Antonio, TX
Identifies and qualifies prospective customers via inbound channels (Chat, incoming phone calls, and form submissions) and makes outbound sales contact (including cold calling) to develop leads until they are ready to engage with a sales executive. Will use a combination of automated tools and manual activity to record sales prospecting activity in computer-based tracking systems. Responsible for a basic understanding of Cloud Hosting, Rackspace solutions and value proposition, and providing a fanatical interaction with every prospective customer. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
Career Level Summary
- Requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
- Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or processes in analyzing situations.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Processes and summarizes key findings from a range of information sources, recognizing when more information is required to better understand a situation; generates different solutions and weighs the pros and cons of each.
- Is competitive in generating new business opportunities that result in positive commercial contributions.
- Develops in-depth understanding of prospect’s organization, key offerings, and business goals and challenges to better understand their needs.
- Gathers and documents information (e.g., background, role, scope of responsibility) about prospect’s key leaders/decision makers and gains awareness of their differing perspectives and styles.
- Builds working knowledge of prospect’s industry, including market trends and economic challenges, and competitive market.
- Participates in industry associations to develop a professional network; takes advantage of networking opportunities to meet new prospects.
- Utilizes existing data and resources to identify prospects that meet the profile for our products, services, and solutions.
- Asks customers for referrals and proactively calls on them to share the value proposition of our products, services, and solutions to maintain a pipeline of prospects.
- Responsible for maintaining and working a pipeline of marketing qualified leads until they meet the criteria to be passed to engage with a Sales Executive.
- Responsible for meeting a monthly quota of qualified leads passed to Sales.
- Takes inbound sales chats from Rackspace.com, inbound sales calls, and responds to form submissions from current and prospective customers.
- Utilizes available product information to engage with potential customers regarding Rackspace products.
- Conduct needs analysis and determine prospects pain points to determine how the Rackspace solution will speak to those needs. Researches market segments to identify potential customers and makes first contact.
- Develop new business via telephone and mass communication such as email and social media to introduce the Rackspace solutions and identify appropriate buyers within the target market.
- Prepare and analyze lead pipeline reports and dashboards.
- Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Basic knowledge of simple configurations in cloud computing preferred.
- Lead generation expertise to include the ability to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including inbound channels, prospect lists, events, and individual research.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact predominantly with senior leadership within prospect company.
- Ability to build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating interactions and conducting follow-up communications in order to move qualified leads through the sales funnel.
- Ability to identify key buying influencers within these prospects to determine budget and timeline.
- Ability to manage data for new and prospective clients in company’s CRM, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate, and documents are attached.
- High energy and not easily discouraged.
- Customer centric mindset.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED) required .
- Bachelor's Degree in a field related to the role required (business, marketing, or technology related field). At the Manager's discretion, 4 years of additional related experience may substitute for the degree requirement; if substitution allowed, regional equivalent to High School Diploma is required.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in the field of role preferred.
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.