GCP Cloud Engineer III - US
Job Summary: Rackspace Technology is a leading provider of expertise and managed services across all the major public and private cloud technologies. We’ve evolved Fanatical Support to encompass the entire customer journey — providing Fanatical Experience™ from first consultation to daily operations. Our passionate experts combine the power of proactive, always-on service and expertise with best-in-class tools and automation to deliver technology when and how our customers need it. As part of our commitment to our customers, we are dedicated to helping enable creative, automation-based solutions for all sizes of businesses and require an experienced Cloud Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience with Google Cloud design and implementation. You will be working in a dynamic environment and encouraged to come up with innovative solutions to technical problems, analyze and prioritize problems, putting users at the heart of every decision. You will ideally have proven experience in multiple GCP deployments. Your engagements will see you working directly with customers and prospects. You will have confidence in knowing your skills (and limitations), you are calm and collected under pressure and always available to mentor the less experienced. Your colleagues see you as a good team player who is keen to share knowledge as well as to listen and learn from others. Work Location: Remote
- Own and complete key tasks and deliverables, and collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stake holder’s needs.
- Deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale, and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations. Create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices, and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present the min large forums and across various media platforms.
- Assist on larger projects or run smaller opportunities independently.
- Technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain.
- Comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering. or a related field.
- Previous experience in a lead DevOps role.
- 8+years of experience as a technical specialist.
- 3+years of hands-on experience of programming in languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net C++ or similar object-oriented language.
- Subject Matter Expert level practical Linux (AND/OR) Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Expert level familiarity with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Expert Knowledge of the primary Google services (compute engine, load balancing, Cloud SQL, Cloud DNS & Cloud Storage)
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Expert level knowledge and Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, such as Terraform, or other tools.
- ·Experience developing cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Cloud Build (Google) and/or GitLab.
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
- In depth understanding of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalls.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, Elastic Search, and Kibana.
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed.
- Experience with multi-cloud architecture and deployment. Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life