Full Stack Engineer, Security Reporting
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
In this role, you would join Stripe's Vulnerability Management team. Our vision is to create a culture of continuous excellence in managing vulnerabilities. We want to enhance customer trust by giving users context about threats and vulnerabilities affecting Stripe's systems. We aim to be a key partner in Stripe's risk management by providing visibility into vulnerabilities across Stripe's products and services.
What you’ll do
As a Software Engineer on the Vulnerability Management team, you’ll play a pivotal role in scaling our efforts to ensure security is baked into everything we build and maintain at Stripe. You’ll help to create the internal tools and interfaces to clearly communicate and display Stripe’s security posture using data from our security data pipeline. Working on such a platform, you’ll be enabling our product engineering teams to take action and business leaders to consider how to reduce risks to their products and systems.
While prior experience with Security is definitely a plus, it's not a requirement for this role. So if you're eager to jump into a new challenge and gain experience in Security, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Build intuitive web applications using modern frameworks.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and data-flows.
- Build new features for internal users.
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from helping scope projects to measuring their success and iterating based on user feedback.
- Iterate new versions of our Security Posture Dashboard and find efficient ways to scale our security metric pipeline.
- Uphold best practices in engineering and design.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 2+ years of industry experience doing full stack web development with a strong background in frontend
- Previous experience with security is beneficial, but not required
- Find industry-leading security and privacy engineering interesting
- Seek out opportunities for impact and can execute in a complex environment
- Experience with frontend design
- Take pride in shepherding projects from ideation through to completion, where completion often involves partnering with engineering teams to carefully roll out changes that affect their workflows
- Actively seek feedback from your users and advocate for them throughout the product development process
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions and stakeholders