Senior Security Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to help us secure the next generation of products which will go beyond just ID and enable our members to leverage the power of a networked digital identity. As a Senior Security Engineer at CLEAR, you will participate in the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of applications to build and enhance our platform- one that interconnects dozens of attributes and qualifications while keeping member privacy and security at the core.
A brief highlight of our tech stack:
- AWS cloud
What you'll do:
- Work side by side with engineering and product resources to define security requirements for new features and services
- Build threat models, testing plans, and validation strategies to ensure a high secure bar for the system
- Review code, infrastructure, and architecture for common security flaws, as well as bespoke, business logic flaws
- Perform and manage penetration tests of critical features
- Develop and maintain tools and infrastructure, such as SAST and DAST scanning
- Bridge and facilitate communication between engineering teams and other parts of the Security organization
What you're great at:
- You understand how to analyze a system and look for potential threats at every stage of the SDLC. You have experience with system design reviews, threat modeling, and common vulnerabilities in Web and Mobile applications
- You have worked with cloud-based architectures, especially those built on AWS and Kubernetes
- You are a strong communicator who can explain security concepts to a variety of audiences and levels, as well as work collaboratively across technical and non-technical teams
- You are comfortable with high levels of autonomy and delivering on complex goals
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $190,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.
CLEAR provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or protected needs. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include, but are not limited to, time off, extra breaks, making a change to the application process or work procedures, policy exceptions, providing documents in an alternative format, live captioning or using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.