Emulation Engineer (ARM 64-bit) - Security Assessment
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobilityAt Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.We are seeking a highly skilled QEMU Emulation Engineer with expertise in ARM 64-bit architecture to join our team for security assessment and research projects. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of QEMU internals, the ability to emulate user space and system-level environments, and familiarity with other emulation platforms like Avatar, Panda, and Qiling.
- QEMU Internals Expertise: Possess an in-depth understanding of QEMU's architecture, including TCG (Tiny Code Generator), QEMU's Intermediate Representation (IR), translator, and translation block concepts.
- Emulation Capabilities: Emulate user space for executable programs or services using QEMU, allowing for the analysis of security vulnerabilities in isolated environments.
- File System Emulation: Perform emulation in user space with simulated files, enabling the assessment of software behavior in controlled file system environments.
- System Emulation without Bootloader: Ability to set up and execute system emulation scenarios without relying on a bootloader, ensuring thorough security assessment capabilities.
- Full System Emulation: Proficiency in conducting full system emulation, replicating complete ARM 64-bit environments for comprehensive security evaluations.
- RTOS Emulation: Experience with emulating Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) using QEMU for security analysis and vulnerability assessment.
- Knowledge of Other Emulation Platforms: Possess a basic understanding of other emulation platforms like Avatar, Panda, and Qiling, and the ability to leverage these tools as needed in security assessment projects.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- 2 years of related experience
- Proven experience in QEMU emulation, specifically focused on ARM 64-bit architecture.
- Strong understanding of software security concepts, including vulnerability analysis and mitigation.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python or Shell for automation and customization of emulation setups.
- Familiarity with reverse engineering techniques and debugging tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- Experience in conducting security assessments, penetration testing, or vulnerability research.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of CPU architectures – ARM
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in NewarkCyber Security Jobs in CaliforniaCyber Security Jobs in United StatesCyber Security Jobs in North America