Data Center Engineer (L2)
Rackspace Technology is a leading provider of expertise and managed services across all the major public and private cloud technologies. We’ve evolved Fanatical Support to encompass the entire customer journey — providing Fanatical Experience™ from first consultation to daily operations. Our passionate experts combine the power of proactive, always-on service and expertise with best-in-class tools and automation to deliver technology when and how our customers need it.The Data Center Facility Engineer (Level II) is responsible for maintaining the operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment within the Data Center/Facility. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and is expected to maintain 100% customer uptime. Responsibilities include maintaining facility appearance and integrity.Work Location: You’ll work on-site at our state of the art Data Center located in Slough.
- Experience with the electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment maintenance within data center orother critical environments
- Electrical or Mechanical Apprenticeship or Equivalent qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC, HV and LV switch boards, Transformers, Chillers, BMS (Trend), Fire Alarms, Sprinkler systems, UPS, Lead acid batteries, Generators, PDUs, and RPPs
- Capable of communicating at all levels under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and drive root cause analyses.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work unsupervised
- High Voltage qualification/current or expired.
- 18th Edition qualification.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at work acts, i.e. method statements, risk assessments.
- Knowledge and experience with preventive maintenance tools & forecasting
- Knowledge of Building Automation and Power Management Systems.
- Knowledge in accessing and managing Work Permits and Risk Assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
- Due to the 24x7 operation of the facility, must be able to work a 4 on 4 off shift schedule. Which will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Success in the role requires the following personal qualities:
- Fast thinking
- IT literate
- Requires Little Supervision
- Understands the full scope prior to making decisions
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in United KingdomCyber Security Jobs in EuropeCyber Security Jobs in SloughCyber Security Jobs in BerkshireCyber Security Jobs in United KingdomCyber Security Jobs in Europe