BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 11,000+ customers including 58% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For ten straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 5,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for a Compliance Compliance counsel to join the BLTOTP (the Best Legal Team on the Planet). This person will join our Global Compliance & Ethics team and will provide support, analysis, and advice on a range of legal matters and compliance and ethics issues.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Assist in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with different departments to ensure compliance with international and domestic laws and regulations.
- Assist with compliance risk assessments and audits, identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Review and approve requests for policy exceptions and conduct risk-based assessments of proposed vendors and channel partners.
- Administer processes and events, such as policy acknowledgement collection and Pure’s Compliance Week.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of compliance training to employees.
- Assume a leadership role in conducting internal compliance investigations, including preparing for and conducting witness interviews, document review, and analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of compliance reports for senior management and regulatory agencies.
- Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments that may impact the company's business.
- Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited law school.
- Admission to the Bar in at least one jurisdiction.
- 2-5 years of experience in a national law firm or corporate legal department, preferably with a focus on compliance and/or internal investigations and government enforcement. Candidates with government or law enforcement experience will also be considered.
- Strong subject matter knowledge and familiarity of and familiarity with global regulatory environment in key risk areas such as anti-bribery/anti-corruption, competition, privacy, export controls, supply chain, cybersecurity, and more.
- Demonstrated experience preparing for and conducting investigative interviews is a plus;
- Experience in-house or with external clients advising multinational, publicly traded companies.
- Experience in-house or with external clients who have a channel-based business model is a plus.
- Excellent research, analytical, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in technology and the IT industry.
- You will be based in Santa Clara. As this is an office-centric role, you are expected to be present in the office for 3 days a week. As outlined in Pure's Hybrid Work Policy, there will be variations over periods of time, depending on business need.
The annual base salary range is: $167,000-$251,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations.
This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.