Cybersecurity Analyst - Tier 3 Analyst
Maveris is an IT and cybersecurity services company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector. We have an opening for a full-time, permanent Cybersecurity Analyst - Tier 3 to join our talented, dynamic team in support of a large Federal Government customer.
As a Cybersecurity Analyst - Tier 3, you will play a critical role in safeguarding the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) digital assets and responding to potential cyber threats. Your primary focus will be supporting the Incident Response team in investigating and mitigating advanced and complex cyber incidents.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
This role has onsite requirements in Austin, TX.
- Lead and actively participate in the investigation, analysis, and resolution of Tier 3 and escalated cybersecurity incidents. Analyze attack patterns, determine the root cause, and recommend appropriate remediation measures to prevent future occurrences
- Serve as a subject matter expert in handling incidents of varying complexity, providing guidance and support to Tier 1 and Tier 2 analysts during investigations
- Ensure accurate and detailed documentation of incident response activities, including analysis, actions taken, and lessons learned. Collaborate with knowledge management teams to maintain up-to-date incident response playbooks
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including forensics, threat intelligence, IT, and network administrators. Clearly communicate technical information and incident-related updates to management and stakeholders
- Develop and operationalize advanced security analytics use cases to detect and respond to sophisticated cyber threats in real-time
- Monitor the performance of security analytics and automation processes regularly, identifying areas for improvement and taking proactive measures to enhance their efficacy
- Leverage Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) platforms to streamline and automate incident response processes, including enrichment, containment, and remediation actions
- Support the mentoring and training of more junior IR staff
- Stay informed about the latest cybersecurity threats, trends, and best practices. Actively participate in cybersecurity exercises, drills, and simulations to improve incident response capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of experience supporting large-scale IT related projects
- 3+ years of experience supporting incident response in an enterprise-level Security Operations Center (SOC)
- A deep understanding of cybersecurity principles, incident response methodologies, and a proactive mindset to ensure our SOC operates effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Industry certifications, such as CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, CEH, or equivalent, are highly desirable
- Strong experience with security technologies, including SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, and network monitoring tools
- Experience with enterprise ticketing systems like ServiceNow
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to identify errors, pinpoint root causes, and devise solutions with minimal oversight.
- Ability to learn and function in multiple capacities and learn quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Maveris attracts and retains talent of the highest caliber by offering opportunities to work in exciting and challenging environments surrounded by bright minds. Our employees are our most prized asset and are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Maveris offers exceptional, mission-focused, solutions to organizations facing highly complex IT, digital, and cybersecurity challenges. Our success is achieved by maintaining an environment of trust where people are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Every candidate that applies to Maveris brings something unique to the table, and because our team is diverse, we consistently meet our goals and exceed client expectations. If you are a highly-motivated person with a willingness to learn, we invite you to apply today to join our team!
To learn more about employee benefits visit www.maveris.com.For company updates and the latest job postings check us out on LinkedIn.If you'd like to read about some of our research and projects head over to Maveris Labs.Want a more behind the scenes view? Check out our blog Maveris Insights to learn more about the team behind the solutions.