Security Software Engineer - University Graduate 2024
Who We AreVerkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform. Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies. Founded in 2016 with more than $460M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 20,000+ customers across 70+ countries.
We are looking for software engineers who thrive in a high growth environment working alongside teammates to launch products and features that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As part of the Software Engineering team, you’ll have ownership of one or more projects on various product or platform facing teams. You will work across the full software stack and collaborate cross functionally to build the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software, enabling our best-in-class security systems.
- Build scalable distributed systems capable of handling high traffic from 100s of thousands of devices deployed around the world.
- Work with high concurrency key-value storage systems (Redis, DynamoDB)
- Work with Postgres relational databases
- Work with logging and message passing technologies like Kafka and SQS
- Deploy services via Terraform and Kubernetes
- Develop large scale systems to interact with and configure products remotely.
- Define and improve low-latency, high-throughput, high-reliability microservice architectures.
- Design and develop features incorporating cutting edge computer vision
- Design clean APIs and implement them using Python and/or Go.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- Internship experience developing and launching products
- Working knowledge of Python and/or Go
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment
- Familiarity with REST APIs, ability to read python server code a plus
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).Estimated Annual Pay Range$120,000—$280,000 USD
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.