Security Architect - Northeast region (Remote in the Northeast)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
Note: Candidates must reside locally in the northeast (ideally New England/New York Metro) for local travel when necessary.
Role and responsibilities:
- Expectations for this role is 80% pre-sales and 20% delivery
- Travel may be required to clients in New England and New York Metro areas
- Security Architects work from remote/virtual when not visiting client locations
- Serve as our Clients’ primary technical point of contact throughout a project life cycle
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing, and operationalizing security controls across a wide range of IT and enterprise business systems
- Proficiency in multiple security technologies, including but not limited to: Next-Gen Firewalls, DLP, SASE, NAC, PAM, EDR, NDR, SIEM, APPSEC, CWPP, CSPM, etc.
- Proficiency with networking security concepts such as routing, segmentation, zones, NAT, etc.
- Understand and articulate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to autonomously prioritize and successfully deliver across a portfolio of projects in a fast paced environment
- Author comprehensive business and technical collateral to support the business that is proficiently tailored to both technical and managerial audiences
Experience, Education, and Technical Experience required:
- Minimum 5 years in an enterprise level security consultative role building and assessing Information Security architectures and programs
- Prior experience in a corporate operational or technical leadership role
- Prior experience in a client facing pre-sales and consulting role
- Experience with security products from Zscaler, Palo Alto, Check Point, Tenable, Microsoft, CrowdStrike, Splunk, CyberArk, Checkmarx, Contrast, Veracode, etc
- Experience with security and deploying complex environments into AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
We use Greenhouse Software as our applicant tracking system and Free Busy for HR screen request scheduling. At times, your email may block our communication with you. Please be sure to check your SPAM folder so that you don't miss updates on your application.
Why GuidePoint?GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 900 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 3,500 customers.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.Some added perks….
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions, working on-site may be required for Federal positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical premiums (employee only $0 deductible and HSA plans) along with 75% employer-paid family contributions
- 100% employer-paid dental premiums (employee only) along with 75% employer-paid family contributions
- 12 corporate holidays and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
- Pet Benefit Option