Presales Solution Architect Manager
Job Summary: Manage multiple Sales Engineering Managers. Ensuring the sales staff receive required level of technical assistance in performing demos and in answering prospects’ questions. Is responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews for the team. Work Location: US Remote
- Manages the activities of solutions engineering managers.
- Schedules projects and monitors progress of solutions engineers.
- Manages activities of staff (i.e. hires, trains, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary, etc.).
- Coordinates company resources to ensure the proper use and staffing levels of solutions engineers.
- Works with Director, Solutions Engineering to ensure that technical sales related activities support the strategic objectives of the company.
- Prepares and submits reports and reviews outlining team assignments and/or changes, project status changes.
- Maintains communication and coordinates activities between Solutions Engineering and sales staff.
- May assist with key issues of sales planning. Provides assistance on sales activities requiring advanced technical product knowledge.
- Anticipates talent needs, allowing team members to provide input, and leads effort to find the right resources.
- Manages performance of people managers and individual contributors. Evaluations, hires, terminates, counsels, and develops talent
- Decisions impact attainment of long and short-term goals.
- Sees multiple outcomes and determines appropriate course of action.
- Failure to achieve results will cause critical delays.
- Must foresee issues and creatively address in a pro-active manner.
- Establishes operational goals and objectives and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Develops, modifies and executes policies that have a department wide effect.
- Establishes unit strategic goals and objectives ensuring alignment with the department’s strategic plan.
- Administers one or more budgets.
- Provides strategic planning for the unit and contributes to strategic planning for the department Inspires others to perform at the highest level.
- Advises leadership on business decisions.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to deliver consistent, aligned business outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree in cyber security or technology related field. At the Manager's discretion, 4 years of additional related experience may substitute for the degree requirement; if substitution allowed, regional equivalent to High School Diploma is required.
- Requires 10+ years of technical sales support experience, including a minimum of 2 years of people management experience.
- Ability to motivate and lead others to excellence.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to manage the company's pre-sales technical consulting operations.
- Able to facilitate communications between solutions engineering team and operational groups to ensure customer usability.
- Able to resolve pre-sales technical problems, working with field sales personnel. Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life