Engineer - Network Security | On-site, Bangalore
As a member of the Optiv Security Operations Department, an MSS TAC Engineer position provides frontline maintenance, remote support, and appliance/OS management and health monitoring to customers in a 24x7x365 TAC (Technical Assistance Center) environment. We’re looking for knowledge-seeking candidates who will be eager to dive into new things in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This role is fitting for those looking to trailblaze their career in network security. Operating as the first impression for Optiv clients in many cases, engineers deliver both third-party Authorized Support and Technology Management service lines and directly assist Optiv clients with their network and/or security-related issues and needs. These two service lines are often part of a much larger client-focused services agenda. Therefore, this position often plays a crucial part in helping to keep overall Optiv/client relationships successful.
How you’ll make an impact
- Troubleshoot technical issues over the phone and via secure screen share.
- Host troubleshooting conference calls bridging multiple individuals from vendors, clients, third parties, etc.
- Responsible for initial triage of incoming client issues.
- Facilitate customer communication over the phone and email via a ticketing system.
- Document actions in ticketing systems to effectively communicate information to both internal resources and external customers.
- Respond in a timely manner (with published SLA) to incidents and support requests.
- Perform basic troubleshooting to diagnose common Network problems using fundamental TCP/IP network skills.
- Assist engineering staff with lab systems configuration.
- Update open ticket status for engineers and other technicians within the ticketing system.
- Provide knowledge transfer and post-production support activities as necessary.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as ISSA.
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting.
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Network Administration, Engineering, or related area of study.
- Minimum 2+years of hands-on experience with Palo Alto, CISCO firewalls
- One or more of the following certifications is beneficial: Palo Alto Networks – PCNSA, PCNSE /Check Point – CCSA, CCSE / F5 Networks – 301a/b (LTM), 302 (GTM) 303 (ASM), 304 (APM) / Juniper Networks – JNCIA-Junos, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SEC
- Fundamental knowledge and minimal exposure to TCP/IP networking.
- Entry-level desktop/networking experience, application software experience, with exposure to Microsoft and UNIX/Linux-based operating systems.
- Previous IT help desk experience preferred.
- Strong soft skills.
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- A passion for information, network, and data security.
- A solid understanding of information security and networking.
- Ability to work US hours (any time zone- Pacific/Mountain/Central/Eastern time zone)
- Obtain and maintain top-tier vendor certification.
- Acts as a contributor in Optiv communities for solutions of focus
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on-call support when needed.
- Demonstrated experience and success in a customer-focused satisfaction environment.
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 10 percent of the time. #LI-SK1