Job Summary: As a Rackspace Azure Architect you will design, develop, and implement cloud-based solutions. Design cloud architecture and completes plans and specifications to develop solutions. Collaborate with product managers and engineers to develop specifications for new cloud-based products/services, applications and solutions. Drive the roll-out of cloud management platforms, evaluates its performance and implements enhancements. Develop and enrich the product portfolio of cloud services and value-added services. Work Location: US-Remote
- Encourages others to listen attentively and engage with the speaker by asking appropriate open-ended questions; reflects on and reiterates key points and clarifies messages to help others reach agreement.
- Monitors non-verbal reactions of others to identify and respond to areas of interest or concern.
- Ensures all viewpoints have been heard and discussed before reaching conclusions, offering guidance or asserting own views.
- Influences and coaches others across the business unit/function to work independently and identify areas for improvement in work processes.
- Encourages and motivates people to achieve high standards of excellence by consistently raising the bar and coaching others to achieve results.
- Sets challenging and realistic goals for others; proactively considers the business unit/function’s goals to prevent conflicts of interests and communicates goals to teams.
- Provides guidance and expertise to analyze data and patterns and assess the root cause of complex, non-routine problems.
- Collaborates with others across disciplines to brainstorm and execute solutions to the most complex, uncommon problems.
- Guides the execution of solutions for complex, non-routine issues; redirects solution implementation if desired results were not originally met.
- Creatively develops tools, visual aids and other original content to support the understanding/education of complex and technical information (e.g., legal, operational risk, and regulatory data).
- Guides others on the best practices and approaches for creating clear, concise and organized communication materials to convey technical concepts in a user-friendly way.
- Challenges others to bring fresh and creative perspective to differentiating technical communications and ensuring comprehension and ease-of-use for various audiences.
- Exceeds customers’ expectations by listening for unexpressed needs; connects customer needs to relevant service offerings and new technology.
- Leads others in resolving technical issues in a timely manner; follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Partners with the business to integrate new technologies into business solutions; creates and communicates a vision of the technology requirements for the future state of the business.
- Prioritizes workload and ensures that deadlines are successfully met; delegates or seeks additional staff when necessary.
- Identifies short- and long-term barriers to completing project plans and takes corrective action to meet deliverable objectives.
- Manages multifaceted projects or assignments, such as projects that have several separate components, with minimal error and without missing important deliverables.
- Implement CI services (VCS, artifactory repo, build, release).
- Design/implement CI/CD pipeline.
- Implement CI services (VSC, Artifacts repo, build service pipeline service).
- implement CI/CD pipeline to build/deploy infrastructure or application.
- Use cloud IaC language to implement cloud resources or use orchestration tools to organize IaC code and inject configurations.
- Bachelor's Degree in field related to role required. At the Manager's discretion, 4 years of additional related experience may substitute for the degree requirement; if substitution allowed, regional equivalent to High School Diploma is required.
- Must have an Azure Certification.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of role required.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud services, methodologies, best practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of at least one other programming language (such as Node.js, Scala, Python, or Golang, etc).
- Knowledge of at least one modern services framework (K8S, SDWAN, Serverless, etc). Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life