Security Engineering Internship (Summer 2024)
Pendo is looking for a dynamic, motivated, and self-driven individual to join our Information Security team this summer as a Security Engineer Intern! Are you passionate about cybersecurity and helping to protect complex cloud-based applications that serve millions of users? If this interests you, this role is for you! We are looking for a current college student, ideally a rising junior or senior, who is interested in working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing tech environment with a complex SaaS application that faces millions of people. In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities this intern will hold, you’ll also be provided mentorship and development via one-on-one time with our Chief Information Security Officer and other members of our Information Security team.
- Participate as a member of the Information Security team on assigned operational and project-based tasks. Work will be varied and may include the following types of activities:
- Running and analyzing the results from vulnerability scans
- Developing scripts to help automate security tasks
- Reviewing and updating documentation for security policies and procedures
- Assessing risks and making recommendations for addressing them
- Educating Pendo staff on security threats, policies, and procedures
- Assisting with developing threat models for new services and product features
- Assisting with identifying and responding to potential cyber attacks
- Currently enrolled in a full time college degree program, preferably in computer science, management information systems, data science, or a similar technical field.
- Demonstrated experience, either through coursework, previous work, or self-study, in one or more of the following areas:
- Scripting and coding to automate systems and security administration tasks (e.g. using a language such as Python)
- Identifying, assessing, and remediating security vulnerabilities in web applications
- Securing cloud computing services (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS)
- Evaluating risks associated with using third party services
- Creating and delivering security awareness training
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and time management capabilities.
- A passion for learning and a customer-focused mindset.
- Previous technical internship experience.
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: [email protected]. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected hourly rate for this role to be performed in North Carolina is $30/hr.