Cloud Software Engineer III
Job Summary: As Rackspace Cloud Software Engineer, you’ll design, develop, test, debug and implement operating systems components, software tools and utilities. You’ll also determines systems software design requirements which will ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Also, you’ll generate systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures. You may participate in all aspects of software development, from detailed programming to high-level system design. Work Location: Remote
- Create well-designed, documented, and tested software features that meet customer requirements.
- Identify and address product bugs, deficiencies, and performance bottlenecks.
- Participate in an agile delivery team, helping to ensure the technical quality of the features delivered across the team, including documentation, testing strategies, and code.
- Help determine technical feasibility and solutions for business requirements.
- Remain up-to-date on emerging technologies and architecture and propose ways to use them in current and upcoming projects.
- Leverage technical knowledge to cut scope while maintaining or achieving the overall goals of the product.
- Leverage technical knowledge to improve the quality and efficiency of product applications and tools.
- Develop and test complex or non-routine software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
- Perform database design, testing implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment.
- Prepare and file regulatory correspondence in an organized, concise format and sends documents to regulatory agencies as requested.
- Design engineering assemblies, processes, layouts/schematics and drawing for new products or product enhancements under very direct orders or conceptual frameworks.
- Other Incidental tasks related to the job, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field required. Additional experience may substitute for the degree requirement at a rate of 4 years of experience for 1 year of education.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of role required.
- Knowledge with Java or C# in a professional environment required.
- Knowledge with at least one other programming language such as Node.js, Scala, Python, or GO.
- Knowledge within distributed systems or a microservice based architecture required.
- Knowledge and practical use of the AWS Cloud. Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life