The Manager, Accounting Research & Policy, will be responsible for managing the Accounting Department's review of revenue and non-revenue transactions (including leases, financing arrangements, significant vendor arrangements and acquisitions) to identify potential accounting issues as well as developing and maintaining the Company's global accounting policies to ensure compliance with US GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements. The Manager will also be responsible for assisting in revenue recognition conclusions of new service offerings as well as remaining current on new accounting requirements and their potential impact on Rackspace.
- Support the accounting department's review of contracts to identify potential accounting issues.
- Research, document and recommend the proper application of US GAAP and SEC requirements to complex transactions.
- Provide technical and consulting support to business partners on the treatment of accounting issues.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Company's accounting policies.
- Remain current with US GAAP and SEC requirements to ensure compliance with latest financial accounting and reporting standards.
- Provide communication and education to the CFO organization on the expected impact of new standards.
- Lead/participate in implementation projects for emerging accounting requirements.
- Support due diligence activities and accounting valuations for mergers and acquisitions.
- Interact with external audit team with respect to technical matters.
- Assist on special projects (i.e., carve-out financials, financings, restructurings, etc) and SEC filings as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required
- 8 years professional accounting experience with 2-4 years in area being managed
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience
Nice to haves
- Master's degree
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- ERP experience
- Experience in Public Accounting, Big 4 and Corporate Accounting highly desired
$96,800 - $165,550 a yearThe following information is required by pay transparency legislation in the following states: CA, CO, HI, NY, and WA. This information applies only to individuals working in these states. • The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $96,800 - $142,010 • The anticipated starting pay range for the states of Hawaii and New York (not including NYC) is: $123,600 - $181,280• The anticipated starting pay range of California, Washington state and New York City applicants for this role is $112,900 - $165,550Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here. #LI-AW2About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.