Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.We are currently seeking a Staff Embedded Software Engineer to join our Connectivity Team.
- OSTree Firmware Updates:
- Design and implementation of OSTree-based firmware update mechanisms.
- Ensure secure and reliable firmware updates for our embedded systems.
- Delta updates using OSTree:
- Develop and implement strategies for optimizing update processes using OSTree to minimize bandwidth and time.
- Stay current with industry best practices for delta updates.
- Yocto/OpenEmbedded build framework:
- Development and customization of Yocto/OpenEmbedded build frameworks for embedded Linux systems.
- Optimize build processes for efficiency and scalability.
- Yocto Recipe and Layer Design:
- Design and maintain Yocto recipes and layers for custom applications and components.
- Ensure the modularity and maintainability of the Yocto build system.
- Linux Kernel Development:
- Contribute to Linux Kernel internals, providing insights and enhancements to improve system performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on kernel-level features and optimizations.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of related experience
- Proven industry experience in embedded software development.
- Demonstrated expertise in OSTree-based firmware updates, delta updates, Yocto/OpenEmbedded build frameworks, Yocto recipe and layer design, and Linux Kernel internals.
- In-depth knowledge of OSTree-based firmware updates.
- Experience implementing delta updates using OSTree.
- Proficient in Yocto/OpenEmbedded build frameworks.
- Strong expertise in creating Yocto recipes and layers.
- Solid understanding of Linux Kernel internals.
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Masters and 6 years of experience or PhD with 3 years experience.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.· California (Bay Area) - $150,000 - $195,000Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice
. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice
. At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations. To all recruitment agencies
: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.