Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.We are currently seeking a skilled Sr Validation Engineer responsible for validation of parking & viewing functions of the ADAS / Autonomous Driving team. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of successfully bringing new automotive (ADAS) systems into production. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection.
- Be responsible for test validation of hardware/software components related to ADAS/AD parking & viewing functions such as Parking Assist, Automated Parking, Remote Controlled Parking, Driver Monitoring Systems, Surround View Camera Display, Blind Spot Camera Display.
- Contribute to system architecture and the related validation tests on component.
- Be responsible for test plans, data analysis and feature validation tests while ensuring traceability to functional and performance requirements.
- Facilitate and align related cross-functional technical teams such as HMI, functional safety, powertrain, infotainment, cybersecurity, homologation, and ADAS/AD development teams on the system level.
- Work closely with Tier 1 suppliers.
- Create CANoe environments, simulate sensors, and create test cases using CAPL scripting tool. Explore simulation, HIL, SIL and vehicle test approaches to optimize (sub-)system test and validation strategies in terms of efficiency, cost and final product quality.
- Contribute to the definition and build-up of our test vehicle fleet, test benches and calibration installations.
- Leverage state-of-the-art processes and tools for architecture, requirements, test plans and results and ALM to work in a highly interactive, collaborative environment.
- Work closely with Component Owner (USS, Parking Controller, Surround View & DMS Camera) for the ADAS Functions, contribute the component requirement development.
- Be responsible for test diagnostics and UDS protocol and fault test.
- Investigate root causes of component or system level DUT failure.
- Bachelor’s in system engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
- 5 years of engineering experience in the automotive industry
- A proven track record of working with hardware/software systems related to ADAS or AD automotive features for mass production.
- Experience debugging, testing and bringing up complex hardware/software systems
- Experience developing and executing validation test plans
- Experience with automotive tests and measurement systems (HIL, CAN, etc.)
- Capability and creativity to successfully complete projects with unconventional ideas in highly constrained, innovative startup environments
- Several years working experience at automotive Tier 1/2 suppliers or OEMs, with an understanding of automotive processes and workflows
- Programming skills related to integration, testing and automation (e.g. C++, Python, MatLab/Simulink)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Masters in System Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and 3 years of engineering experience in the automotive industry
- Previous experience with ADAS Parking Assist and/or Viewing Systems at a Tier 1 or OEM
- Experience as Feature Owner or Systems Engineer for Parking or Viewing features.
- Experience with Vector tools: CANoe, CANape and CAPL.
- Experience with test automation.
- Experience with Diagnostics and UDS protocol.
- Proven experience in programming.
- Experience with Image Signal Processing pipeline from Camara, and computer vision.
- Experience with HIL, SIL or system (vehicle) simulation.
- Broad experience with various ADAS/AD systems, including mechanical, electrical and software components.
- Proficiency with agile development tools and environments (Jira, Jama, …)
- Proficiency with Lab equipment tools.
- Familiarity with automotive regulations and functional safety standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice
. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice
. At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team. To all recruitment agencies
: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.