Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.We are currently seeking a skilled Sr. Validation Engineer responsible for validation of features related to ADAS driving & safety assistance. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of successfully bringing new automotive (ADAS) systems into production. As the successful candidate, you will join a world-class Autonomous Driving/ADAS team. Candidates should be excellent engineers and organizers that have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Be responsible for test validation of hardware/software components related to ADAS/AD driving & safety functions such as Adaptive Cruise Control, Highway Assist, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Protection etc.
- Contribute to system architecture development and the related validation tests on component and vehicle level; Contribute to the timely delivery of fully validated, high-quality customer features
- Be responsible for test plans for feature requirements and relevant regulations, testing coverage, confirming SOTIF, data analysis and root causing while ensuring traceability to functional and performance requirements
- Travel as necessary to execute driving and safety features validation tests on vehicle at proving ground testing facilities and perform detail data analysis
- Assist with the management to the definition and build-up of our fleet of prototype and series production vehicles for validation of ADAS/AD features, field operation testing, mileage accumulation and data collection processes
- Leverage state-of-the-art processes, tools for test plans, field tests, data transfer & analysis as well as lead the development/adoption of new processes and tools in a highly interactive and collaborative environment
- Facilitate and align related cross-functional technical teams such as HMI, functional safety, powertrain, infotainment, cybersecurity, homologation, and ADAS/AD on system level validation and development activities
- Work closely with suppliers, manage supplier partnerships and engagement
- Contribute to the definition and build-up of our test vehicle fleet, test benches and calibration installations
- Work with suppliers and internal teams to implement innovative solutions for vehicle testing approaches to optimize system test and validation strategies in terms of efficiency, cost and final product quality
- Explore simulation, HIL, SIL and vehicle test approaches to optimize (sub-)system test and validation strategies in terms of efficiency, cost and final product quality
- Leverage state-of-the-art processes and tools for architecture, requirements, test plans and results and ALM to work in a highly interactive and collaborative environment
- Collaborate with component owners for ADAS driving and safety functions
- Bachelor’s in system engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
- 5 years of engineering experience in the automotive industry
- A proven track record of working with hardware/software systems related to ADAS or AD automotive features for mass production
- Experience debugging, testing and bringing up complex hardware/software systems
- Experience developing and executing validation test plans
- Experience with automotive test methods, measurement systems and tools (HIL/SIL, Vector, PeakCAN, etc.)
- Several years working experience at automotive Tier 1/2 suppliers or OEMs, with an understanding of automotive processes and workflows
- Programming skills related to integration, testing and automation (e.g. Python, C++)
- Capability and creativity to successfully complete projects with unconventional ideas in highly constrained, innovative startup environments
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Masters in System Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and 3 years of engineering experience in the automotive industry
- Previous experience with ADAS/AD longitudinal and lateral control systems at a Tier 1 or OEM
- Broad understanding of various ADAS/AD systems and the interactions between mechanical, electrical and software components within the system
- Experience with Vector tools: CANoe, CANape and CAPL
- Proficiency with agile development tools and environments (Jira, Jama)
- Some understanding of C++ software development
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and applicable (safety) standards for typical ADAS features (e.g. ASPICE, ISO26262, FMVSS, EuroNCAP)
- Experience with NCAP scenario execution for ADAS safety features using soft targets, VRUs, robot platforms etc.
- Experience with project management, supplier management, team management and/or executing tasks in cross-functional team setup
- Experience managing fleet of vehicles for on-road testing & validation, scenario testing to confirm SOTIF coverage.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.· California (Bay Area) - $127,000 - $165,000Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice
. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice
. At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team. To all recruitment agencies
: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.