Rackspace Technology is a leading provider of expertise and managed services across all the major public and private cloud technologies. We’ve evolved Fanatical Support to encompass the entire customer journey — providing Fanatical Experience™ from first consultation to daily operations. Our passionate experts combine the power of proactive, always-on service and expertise with best-in-class tools and automation to deliver technology when and how our customers need it.Rackspace has been commissioned by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to assure the build of a sovereign multi tenant private cloud that we have designed. Under contract Rackspace will fulfil 3 strategic functions, led by the Delivery Director, as part of a 3 year programme, based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 1. Design and Build Assurance
– Overseeing the plans, schedule and build of 20 vendors, individually deploying to install and configure their infrastructure, according to the schedule and standards laid down by Rackspace2. CMP Development
– Designing, Building and releasing MVPs into service which allow firstly administration functions to be created and utilised, leveraging automation, and subsequently building in further automation and service controls3. Strategic Advisory
– Against a designed TOM laid down by Rackspace, supporting the mobilisation of resources, executing a training strategy, and providing expertise to build out the cloud management officeRole Overview
The objective of the Service Design Lead is to ensure that new or upgraded services, systems and infrastructure receive a comprehensive Service Design incorporating processes, support structure, reporting and service capabilities. You will help mature and shape a Service Design approach for systems, services and infrastructure being introduced via Waterfall and Agile channels. You will also be involved in defining and developing the service standards, maturing the Service Design processes aligned with best practice. The main duties will be to embed good practice and a service centric mindset to all designs. Also championing teamwork and collaboration across the development and support teams, facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution. The key aspect of the role is to help the customer with Service Management development, optimization and best practice alignment using (for example) an ITIL framework combined with ITSM platform considerations.This role will be on-site with the customer in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (travel will be required).
- Service Design: Lead Service Designs for new services, systems and infrastructure being introduced via either Waterfall or Agile channels in particular initially through cloud automation platform. Update existing Service Designs for upgraded/significantly enhanced services, systems and infrastructure being introduced via either Waterfall or Agile channels Identification of gaps and development of retrospective Service Designs where required. Establish Service Design best practice within SDAIA
- Strategic Approach Definition: You will define the steps, priorities, and strategic approaches required to build and develop the integration between ServiceNow and the CMP. Your strategic insight will be crucial in ensuring successful integration while aligning with broader business goals.
- Comprehensive Solution Design: Design a compelling ServiceNow solution that not only addresses the integration needs but also takes into consideration the entire client landscape. Your design will contribute to a holistic and seamless user experience.
- Lead SNOW Integration with CMP: You will be the driving force behind supporting the integration efforts between our Cloud Management Platform Tooling and the ServiceNow platform. Define the service management elements of Cloud Management Platform (CMP) including incident, change, request processes, CMDB structure and Service Catalogue, etc.
- Solutions Driven: Ability to look at issues from all angles and support the team to find robust solutions to problems
- Client Engagement and Agreement: Collaborate closely with clients to understand their needs and requirements. Engage with clients to agree on approaches and strategies, ensuring that their expectations are met and exceeded.
- Collaboration with ITSM Teams: Work alongside client ITSM teams to drive progression and engagement with other systems. Your collaboration will enhance the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Process Integration Leadership: Lead the process integration efforts for CMP Tooling. Your leadership will ensure that processes are smoothly integrated and optimized for maximum efficiency.
- Release Strategy Definition: Outline the approach and strategy for incremental functional releases aligned with the overall development and a MVP release approach. Your strategic planning will ensure a well-coordinated and successful release process.
- Challenging: Acknowledge differences of opinion and constructively engage to ensure the right decisions are made for the business
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of two years of experience in Service Architecture / Service Design
- A strong mix of client-facing skills (managing workshops and presentations), passion for problem-solving and full project life-cycle experience.
- Strong knowledge of Service Transition
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall project methodologies
- Experience of developing, implementing and establishing processes
- Minimum ITIL v3 / 4 foundation
#LI-LP2About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.