Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in an East Coast Australia timezone. When you read through the requirements of the role below, don't give up if you don't meet them all. If you tick some of the requirements, great! Throw your hat in the ring and let's go from there.
What you'll do
- You will be a well-rounded Program Manager, providing strategic support to the Foundation team to extend their reach and amplify impact, reporting to the Head of Foundation.
- You will be someone that is super-efficient, who has the ability to see around corners and anticipate issues before they arise. Bringing an Atlassian problem-solving lens to our future operational challenges and blind spots.
- We'll look to you to help us prioritise, focus and create flow across our leadership team with a multiplying effect across our pillars. You'll excel at context switching as you prioritise and juggle multiple programs (and move them rapidly along), all while keeping calm under pressure.
- In this role you'll be:
- Strategic partner: You'll be the strategic partner to the Foundation Leadership team, this will mean being a trusted sounding board for decisions, consolidating requests and making recommendations, or stepping in for them at meetings
- Love operations: You will enhance the Foundation's leadership team through creating flow across our team ceremonies, driving quality across our processes, planning, goal setting and tracking (specifically, OKRs), and other important components to our operational muscle. Organise and facilitate fortnightly team sessions, monthly and quarterly reviews, internal comms health diagnostic and team off-sites
- Proactively drive projects forward: As a trusted extension of the Head of Foundation, you'll take on driving key projects that are critical to the desired impact of the Foundation. This will include cross-cutting project management with stakeholders that sit within the Foundation team and in many different parts of Atlassian
- Organisational effectiveness: Diagnose blockers driving effective teamwork, collaboration, and commitment across a team with multiple priorities and focus areas. Recommend or design agile methodologies and tools which will drive the adoption of processes, patterns, and agile frameworks and support the Foundation team in the implementation of such methodologies, tools and processes
- Aggregator - department-level goals and reporting: Collaborate with our leadership team to sweep, coordinate department OKR reporting, supporting the Leadership team on the tracking, forecasting, and facilitation of our Rolling 4 plan
- Own the day-to-day: Making sure that the Foundation Leadership team's time is spent in the most impactful areas by triaging meeting requests and running meetings effectively
Your future team
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management, Operations, or similar including experience with agile ways of working
- Experience prioritising, managing, and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence
- A truly self-motivated desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in the role
- A drive to quickly create structure out of chaos, and then communicate it clearly
- A bias for action, constantly striving to get things done, with a high GSD (Get Shit Done) attitude and track record
- A problem solver mindset; willing to adapt when necessary; comfortable with ambiguity, and empowered to "be the change you seek"
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one's own assumptions
- An ability to communicate well with stakeholders from all across the business at many different levels, and enjoy it!
- A high level of comfort working with remote/hybrid teams and the ability to work with an eclectic mix of geographically dispersed stakeholders
- A demonstrated passion for making a difference and are excited to drive the implementation of the Foundation's vision and strategy.
- It's a bonus if you:
- Have extensive experience working with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Trello, Atlas, etc)Proficiency in technical tools such as Miro, Mural, Google Suite, Excel
The Atlassian Foundation is a global team with 20+ members based in Australia, USA, India and Philippines. We believe we have a responsibility to tackle disadvantages both locally (the communities where we work) and globally. We also believe in the transformational power of both education and business as forces for good. Our strategy has three pillars:"EDUCATE"Our focus on education exists to help ensure young people (up to age 24) from low-income communities have the skills they need to thrive in the 21st century.
"ENLIST"We bring out the best of business by building the Pledge 1% movement.
"EMPOWER"We create energy and reduce friction so that every Atlassian can make the biggest difference in their local communities. To do this, we empower each Atlassian with five days per year of Foundation Time to volunteer and make an impact!PLEASE NOTE - Applications will close for this role on Tuesday 14th March. Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub