Working at AtlassianAtlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This is a remote position. To help our teams work together, you will be located in the Pacific, Mountain, or Central time zones in the US/Canada, or in Australia.Your future Team
Our Central Growth team is comprised of people with backgrounds in Engineering, Product, and Data Science. We manage every stage of the growth funnel, from land (a new user landing on the Atlassian website), to cross-flow (introducing a second product to a customer who's already engaged with one of Atlassian's products), to team expansion (a customer adding more team members onto their plan), to churn (a customer leaving Atlassian.) We're the team that understands Atlassian's business model, so we can build a thoughtful growth engine and our customers can get the most value out of Atlassian products.We're hiring a Lead Principal Software Engineer reporting to the Head of Engineering for Growth at Atlassian. Here, there is an opportunity to delve into Atlassian's user funnel, experiment and use data to prove or disprove your hypothesis, and make a huge impact by helping Atlassian grow!
What you'll do:
- Understand the user journey and user funnel
- Partner with product and engineering teams to form strategy, and then prioritize based on impact
- Derive hypotheses and insights based on data and make product changes
- Debug inefficiencies on the team and fix them
- Improve the growth engineering team through mentoring
- Partner with senior engineering leadership and product teams to service important functions for all of Atlassian
- Identify blockers to ensure software engineering excellence (design principles and patterns, unit testing, performance engineering, best practices for security and privacy)
- 10+ years of experience designing/building enterprise-grade solutions using microservices
- Background in Java, Kotlin, Observability tools, and service operations
- In-depth knowledge of AWS offerings
- Passion and experience with recognizing, raising, and reconciling gaps and redundant efforts across organizations
- Success with cross-company collaboration
- Experience influencing and performance coaching engineers
$210,400 - $388,700 a yearCompensation
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:Zone A: $253,500 - $388,700Zone B: $228,100 - $349,900Zone C: $210,400 - $322,700Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.#LI-Remote- -Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits
to learn more.About Atlassian
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.