Responsible for maintaining the operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment within the Data Center/Facility. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and is expected to maintain 100% customer up-time. Responsibilities include maintaining facility appearance and integrity.Work Location:
You’ll work onsite at our state of art Data Center located in Richardson, TX.
- Oversee potentially medium impacting projects and coordinate the use of resources, project execution, & communication.
- Identify infrastructure risks and performance gaps.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical data center infrastructure.
- Assist in facilitating Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) to ensure the recurrence of issues or incidents are eliminated.
- Execute and assist in developing and documenting step-by-step methods of procedure (MOPs) for critical maintenances.
- Execute and assist in the development of step-by-step Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Emergency Operating Procedures (EOPs) to drive the consistency of operation and quickly respond to incidents to return equipment to operation.
- Supervise and manage scheduled maintenance of electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment.
- Oversee the monitoring equipment and other critical systems.
- Assist in effectively leading Incident Management efforts in the event of system degradation/failures communicating the status to all levels and resolving the issue in a timely fashion.
- Maintain meticulous 5S and housekeeping practices.
About Rackspace Technology
- 2 years+ experience with the electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment maintenance within data center or other critical environments.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC, HV and LV switch boards, Transformers, Chillers, BMS (Trend), Fire Alarms, Sprinkler systems, UPS, Lead acid batteries, Generators, PDUs, and RPPs.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at work acts, i.e. method statements, risk assessments.
- Knowledge of Building Automation and Power Management Systems.Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.