In this role you will be part of the team that architects, implements, and deploys our AWS cloud-based offerings. Our DevOps Engineers get to build one-of-a-kind, cutting-edge cloud solutions. Our primary focus is to distill confidence in our customers by creating customized solutions and a top-notch customer onboarding experience. If you enjoy writing programmatic solutions to reduce customer turnaround time and your own workload, this team is for you. Work Location:
- Architect solutions using OpenStack and related technologies.
- Load tests customer applications to assist with performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Contribute to open-source tools that assist in configuration management, deployment and operation of high-availability, high-performance applications.
- Supports high complexity customers and internal teams on an as-needed basis.
- Collaborate with other teams on tools for systems automation.
- Work in conjunction with multiple teams to make sure that Rackspace infrastructure and customer applications work harmoniously together.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or related technical field required. At the manager’s discretion, additional experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Requires an AWS Certification such as AWS DevOps or AWS Solutions Architect.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as either a software developer and/or systems administrator with at least 1 year of current experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience with high-availability, high- performance, open-source web technologies.
- Experience with the AWS cloud platform. Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life
Government Investigation/Background Check:
- Employees on this project must reside within the 48 states of the continental US.
- US Citizenship or be a Green Card Holder.
- Ability to pass a Government Investigation/Background Check at either the State or Federal Level.
For applicants working in California, Colorado, Washington, or New York City, we are excited to share the base salary ranges for this position exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonus. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. · The anticipated starting pay range of California, Washington state and New York City applicants for this role is $88,400 - $129,580.· The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $112,900 - $165,550.Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus commissions, or other discretionary payments. The discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location.#LI-MF1 #LI-RemoteAbout Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.