Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud
-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $460M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 20,000+ customers across 70+ countries.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
- Build, operate and improve Verkada’s Security Monitoring, Detection and Response infrastructure
- Onboard new log sources to our SIEM
- Develop automation to improve the detection and response process and reduce the likelihood and impact of future incidents
- Participate in designing and building well-engineered detection tooling and automation.
- Assist with incident response, including investigation, remediation, and documentationCollaborate with different teams to grow the broader Verkada security program
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, security engineer, site reliability engineer, or security consultant.
- Experience building robust and scalable products in public clouds (we use AWS)
- Proficiency in programming in Golang or Python
- Familiarity in continuous integration and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience designing, and optimizing high throughput ETL pipelines
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new security products, features, and strategies
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Culture and Values:
- Ownership: Smaller teams help encourage autonomy and create a more pronounced sense of ownership.
- Persistence and Grit: We learn from our mistakes and triumphs, we iterate and pivot when things aren’t working, and we persist no matter how difficult it might be, with our vision at the forefront of all we do.
- Teamwork: We are all laser-focused on the priorities in front of us, and collaborating with and relying upon our peers for input, feedback, and even motivation ultimately enables us to more effectively achieve our goals.
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Estimated Annual Pay Range$130,000—$280,000 USD
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.