XOR Security is actively seeking a Cyber Threat Intel Analyst to enable our operational counterparts advanced analytics support to promote the rapid analysis of national level cyber threats and incidents. The ideal candidate will provide support to the DC3 24x7 cyber program in the areas of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats, and information security.
The program is currently operating on a hybrid schedule: 2 days onsite and 3 days remote in Linthicum, MD.
Position is contingent on successfully completing a program-based background investigation.
- A minimum Bachelor’s with 3+ years of experience
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- A strong understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
- Experience in participating as a team member performing threat analyses based on knowledge on electronic warfare/intelligence systems and concept supporting intelligence analysis requirements for all-source cyber analysis and reporting.
- History of contributing to development of analytical threat models and provides functional guidance and direction to threat studies team in overall conduct of project(s).
- Ability to leverage scanning tools (i.e., VirusTotal) to conduct suspicious file scanning; performing queries, pivoting on indicators, and malware analysis on characteristics (Message-Digest Algorithm 5 (MD5), Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA1), file size, file name, file paths, etc.).
- Supports team performing expert-level research and analysis of intelligence and related data support of threat studies.
- Provides advice, guidance and direction to threat studies team.
- Prepares, submits and presents reports and issue papers to customer representatives.
- Requires knowledge of advanced threat analysis technology in such areas as telecommunications, computer science, electronic warfare.
- Requires a detailed knowledge of Department of Defense and service level (Army, Navy, Air Force) intelligence communities, including collection methods and production resources and responsibilities. Requires skills and abilities in supervising the handling classified information.
- Requires strong knowledge of technology related to electronic warfare. Provides leadership, guidance, and direction to less-senior analysts.
- Five or more years of experience in intelligence research and analysis.
- Desired (one or more from the following certifications):
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence (GCTI)
- GIAC Open-Source Intelligence (GOSI)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- GIAC Defensible Security Architecture (GDSA)
- GIAC Certified Detection Analyst (GCDA)
- GIAC Defending Advanced Threats (GDAT)
- GIAC Response and Industrial Defense (GRID)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Vulnerability Assessor (GEVA)
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- GIAC Certified Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including paid health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance RequirementApplicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation - Applicants must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.