Deadline Date: Friday 1 September 2023
Requirement: Vulnerability Assessment Engineer
Location: Mons, BE
Full time on-site: Yes
Time On-Site: 100%
Not to Exceed Rate: 79 EUR
Total Scope of the request (hours): 354
Required Start Date: 15 October 2023
End Contract Date: 31 December 2023
Required Security Clearance: NATO SECRET
Duties and Role:
The contracted individual must be able to perform effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision. The contracted individual will be asked to support the development of one or more technical deliverables and/or provide exercise support in execution of projects undertaken within the 2022 calendar year.
The duties of the individual mainly focus on:
- Create and execute technical Onsite CIS Security Audits (Type-3) for networks, systems, and applications, and ensure the accuracy of the results;
- Write Security Audit reports for higher management and perform targeted analysis; review collected data and recommend remediation and mitigation;
- Compile, draft, review, develop, and provide input on all aspects relevant to CIS Security audits in a threat-centric, contextual manner;
- Support the remediation/mitigation activities;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
Skill, Knowledge & Experience:
- The candidate must have a currently active NATO SECRET security clearance
- Extensive knowledge and experience (more than 5 years) in the following areas;
- Appropriate vocational and academic qualifications or professional certifications;
- Demonstrable expert knowledge of, and work experience with Tenable Nessus products;
- Expert level of knowledge in executing vulnerability assessment scans for large networks, without impacting the availability or the performance of the scanned systems.
- Expert level of knowledge in developing advanced Nessus configurations using audit files for implementing compliancy checks for operating systems, network devices and applications.
- Solid knowledge of MS Azure and/or AWS Cloud Security
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networks, routing, switching and troubleshooting in a complex environment;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Linux and Unix Operating Systems and VMWare
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with good briefing skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team.