The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most. The role of Security Architecture and Application Security Director is to set and lead implementation of Information Security strategy to include application security standards, imbedded security practices, and application cyber hygiene. The role is accountable for the inception, planning, and execution of a Security Architecture standard and mechanism of delivery. They will be responsible for leading the effort to develop a standard, repeatable, and automated (where possible) secure path to production. This role will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise on industry leading security processes and tooling. The individual will ensure proper security and controls are automated and integrated for end-to-end inherited controls lifecycle. Responsibilities also include hiring, management, and coaching of a team of architects and engineers, audit preparation and readiness, analyses technical business issues provides solutions, and develops strategic direction.
Work Experience, Education, Certification/Training Required
- 4 Year College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or relevant alternative. Relevant experience includes, but is not limited to, IT developer or architecture responsibllities.
- 10 + years of information security or technical experience in lieu the degree.
- Experience building and leading teams at an enterprise level.
- 5 years of leadership in Application Development or Application Security.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities. Intuition and keen instincts to prevent attacks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to develop and automate security policies
- On-call and after-hours work availability as needed.
Protective’s targeted salary range for this position is $138,000 to $175,263. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to, job location, skills, and experience. The range listed is just one component of Protective’s total compensation package for employees. This position also offers additional incentive opportunities through an annual incentive based on individual and Company performance.Employee Benefits:
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g.
, paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards. Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse communities.We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy. In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.