Control Risks is a specialist risk consultancy that helps to create secure, compliant and resilient organisations in an age of ever-changing risk. Working across disciplines, technologies and geographies, everything we do is based on our belief that taking risks is essential to our clients’ success. We go beyond problem-solving and give our clients the insight and intelligence they need to realise opportunities and grow. From the boardroom to the remotest location, we have developed an unparalleled ability to bring order to chaos and reassurance to anxiety.
Within our Crisis and Security Consulting team, our Security Design Engineers design physical protective security measures that enable clients to manage and mitigate threats to people, reputation, and assets.Working within our team, this role is a key contribution to the work we do for our clients. You will lead and manage engagements to a professional standard within our contracted scope and budget, independently and in support of department colleagues, other Senior Consultants, and the Associate Directors.You will also support the Directors to develop the service line, create and develop intellectual property, achieve strategic objectives, and train and mentor junior team members.You will lead business development activities and the growth strategy for East Africa, build new and existing client relationships, supported by your colleagues, management, and the senior leadership team.
Task and Responsibilities
- Identifying and pursuing business opportunities
- Responding to client requests for proposals (RFPs); determining, scoping, writing, and pricing fee proposals
- Leading, managing, and designing for our engagements, including technical security reviews, audits, design surveys, installation inspections and approvals, working at client sites and in the office
- Designing physical and electronic security systems to an appropriate level, working in conjunction with specialist engineers from other organisations within project design teams
- Producing reports, specifications, and drawings through all RIBA Plan of Work stages
- Owning problems and providing problem solving solutions
- Lead and participate in client and project meetings to add value to client projects and be the client’s trusted advisor
- Ensure that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client best interest
- Maintaining accurate financial forecasting, project planning, resource planning, and financial reporting
- Maintaining time and expense records to ensure accurate invoicing within each month
- Managing, mentoring, and developing colleagues
- Membership of a security related institute
- A security related qualification
- Thorough knowledge of current national and international standards and installation practices
- Thorough knowledge and experience of designing physical security systems including fencing, gates, walls, doors and facades
- Depth and breadth of understanding and experience of delivering physical and electronic security design consulting across all RIBA Plan of Work stages within multiple sectors within the built environment in Europe and Africa
- Substantial Project Management experience relating to security consulting and installations within the built environment
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building/client management skills
- Proven experience of effectively assisting, reviewing, and providing feedback to team members and improving output
- Experience of building effective and strong client relationships
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Regional experience in Western Europe, Africa or experience on-the-ground in developing countries and emerging markets
- Certified relevant security industry qualifications
- Knowledge of, and experience using design-related software, e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, MS Project and other relevant software experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together - in the office and with our clients - while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.