Your work will change lives. Including your own.
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead a team that develops and implements standards for Security across IT and Cloud Infrastructure and core software products
- Ensure security & privacy by design across the technology stack.
- Participate in organizational efforts to accomplish SOC2 Type II, ISO 27001 and other certifications and attestations that demonstrate assurance internally within the organization and externally with Partners
- Perform Threat modeling, explore new security threats, the technology controls and tactics required to mitigate those threats and incorporate them into the DevSecOps process
- Develop strong partnerships within and outside the Technology organization to prioritize ongoing security improvements.
.The Team You'll Join
- You will join a growing IT and Information Security team at Recursion, focused on enabling Recursion to decode biology by providing world class technology services that are designed and fit for purpose. You'll collaborate with your teammates and across departments to agree on what the most important challenges and capabilities are, then figure out how to get us there.
The Experience You'll Need
- Convey security concepts to non-technical audiences (e.g. senior and executive management, internal customers)
- Hands-on Technical experience playing Security Architecture/Engineering roles across the different security domains.
- Understand system vulnerabilities, attack surfaces, attack vectors and tactics used in modern cyber attacks.
- Ongoing familiarity with new and prevalent technologies and IT systems
- At least 10 years of relevant IT/Product Security experience and two or more relevant certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISM etc.)
- Assessing cloud security, leading cross functional project teams, access control operations along with strong technical expertise are highly desirable
- Have strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to support decisions that balance cybersecurity with ease-of-use
- Experience leading security project through influence, collaboration, and coalition-building; and very comfortable in situations requiring constrained creativity to insure we are securing business systems and data
- Understand and own every important detail as second nature
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.