Thanks for stopping by! We’re Doctor Care Anywhere: a leading digital platform, with a clear vision to be the primary care provider of choice for digital healthcare – and that all starts with our brilliant team.
We are the UK’s largest private provider of telehealth services. We work with insurers, healthcare providers and corporate customers to provide healthcare services to more than 2 million patients every year. From doctors and designers to software developers and marketers – we’re proud of our people, who love working together to enhance patient experiences for the better. It’s why every year, we help over 2 million people speak to a GP or ANP by video or phone, anywhere in the world.
Our story started back in 2013, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for the very best talent to help us achieve our ambitious goals. If you’re highly motivated and would love to work with us as we continue to grow, then we would love to hear from you
Your new role: With a heavy focus around the security aspect, you will be focused on dealing with alerts and events, preventive measures and routine maintenance of the environment. In addition to this, working closely with the Service and the 2nd Line Support teams which you will sit within to proactively ensure that all clients receive exceptional customer service during all contact within our department, thus ensuring continual exceptional operational service. All support must be performed with minimal business impact on the customer and within agrees service levels.
The role will monitor the DCA platform and connected services to understand the health of the entire system, responding to events and alerts to ensure the maximum possible uptime is achieved.
The role will also drive the “Shift-Left” strategy by coaching and mentoring IT Service Desk engineers to take on work and grow the next set of 2nd Line Support Engineers. At the same time, the role will also accept work from the Infrastructure Development group to support that strategy further and grow into the next Principal Engineer.
Key accountabilities/ responsibilities:
- Directly support the onboarded Security tooling
- Perform Vulnerability scans – in some cases followed by appropriate remediation activities
- Help Develop and implement new technologies – including implementing roadmaps for IAM, Cloud Security and expansion of Microsoft Security technology
- Support the inlife activities of Security technology including its effect to IT technologies – led by the 3rd line specialists
- Develop documentation and process for deployments, BAU and engineering standards / best practise
- Help develop better ways of working and automation were possible
- Handle incoming Dynamics 365 / DCA Core Platform queries
- Handle incoming technical support incidents, requests and changes escalated and assigned by the IT Service Desk.
- Being escalation point for the IT Service Desk and 1st Line Engineering.
- Driving the “Shift-Left” strategy to the IT Service Desk, coaching and mentoring L1 Engineers to take ownership of tasks and grow them to be the next 2nd Line engineers.
- Working with Infrastructure Development group to develop efficiencies in IT operations and eliminating toil, learning, and growing as a team.
- Watching the platform health dashboards, listening for alerts, then responding to and/or pre-empting events as they are detected and ensuring the appropriate tickets are raised in the ITSM.
- Documenting tribal knowledge.
- Be on-call for OOH support when assigned on the rota.
Security Operations Skills must include:
- Cloud Security experience (ideally Microsoft Security Technology’s incl. Azure Sentinel, Crowdstrike, Vulnerability Scanning technologies etc)
- Knowledge of good SOC and Incident Response processes and technologies
- Evidence of further security understanding – including various security qualifications
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS/Google Etc.), including design, deployment and management
- Experience of ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials preferred
- An understanding of the MITRE framework
- Desirable to have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or practical experience within the Security environment.
Technology skills must include:
- Would be desirable to have knowledge in MS Dynamics 365 administration and troubleshooting
- Confident in requirement gathering and understanding what the user requires
- Azure Active Directory management
- SharePoint administration and troubleshooting
- Teams, including supporting compatible meeting room conferencing equipment
- MS Dynamics basic administration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows Desktop on various laptop hardware, including peripherals issued to clients
- Apple MacBook administration and troubleshooting desirable, but not essential
- TeamsViewer administration
- MiCollab administration and troubleshooting
- Any other technology introduced into the organisation in a controlled manner.
- Supporting the introduction of new services by training and providing input into the definition of BAU operations manuals.
- Able to prioritise and work.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and following up to get feedback to drive improvement.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Creative, proactive, innovative, solution orientated and eager to learn.
- Owning one’s own personal development.
- Resourceful with initiative and a positive 'can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Why you want to work here:
We understand the importance of good health and happiness for our patients and our team is just the same. You should expect to be as supported and valued being a member of our team and have the freedom to make the most of your role and career with us! When you’re part of the team you will have access to:
- Free Private Medical Insurance (savings on vision and dental care plus 40% off Nuffield Health gym membership)
- Doctor Care Anywhere subscription for you + 5 members of your friends or family
- Company bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4 x charity days a year
- Birthday Day Off!
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Life Assurance
- Bike2Work scheme
- Cross-team collaboration opportunities in an autonomous environment
- Remote / Flexible Working with contribution towards home set up and your laptop provided
- Range of Development opportunities including learning and progression
Doctor Care Anywhere are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of their patients and expects all Colleagues to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory DBS and reference checks.