Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,200 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Denver, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Francisco.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Cloud Security Architect will be responsible for providing thought leadership and technical expertise in the delivery of technology solutions designed to meet our customer’s needs. While leading in a delivery capacity, the Cloud Security Architect will work closely with partners, clients and other architects to leverage new and emerging technologies to solve key technical challenges for our clients. The Cloud Security Architect will also provide oversight and mentoring to junior team members within the Practice. A key function of this role will be building deep relationships, gaining trust and delivering Cloud Platform Security solutions with excellence.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead client engagements as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to solve customer problems and translate customer requirements into deliverable services.
- Become an expert user of Cloud Platform Security tooling (CNAPP, CSPM, CASB, CWPP, DSPM, CIEM, etc), including but not limited to Native Cloud (CSP) and Cloud Native (3rd party vendor) technologies.
- Support the creation and growth of Trace3 services partnerships with Cloud Platform Security technologies.
- Develop appropriate documentation including, but not limited to runbooks, wikis, how-to's, diagrams, etc, as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and system security as part of services delivery.
- Lead implementations in the most effective, efficient, and creative ways to ensure successful user adoption and overall success with our services through an understanding of the customers' existing business models and processes.
- Consult customers on best practices regarding Cloud Platform Security tooling adoption and operationalization.
- Create detailed specifications outlining the requirements for both external and internal stakeholders.
- Consult with customers on analysis and findings to ensure clarity on solutions.
- Document all work with customers including solution design and configuration.
- Managing internal resources and clients to ensure on-time on-budget delivery of projects.
- Partner with applicable teams to ensure positive customer health and drive successful outcomes.
Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a professional services role, preferably at a startup.
- Working knowledge, experience (2-3 years) and certifications with at least one major CSP (AWS, GCP, Azure). Working knowledge and experience with multiple cloud providers is preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with network protocols, cryptography, security threats, attack techniques, evasive techniques, detection, and prevention methods.
- Working knowledge and experience in container and orchestration security is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of data security and privacy concepts in the cloud
- Understanding of real-time threat detection, secrets management, security considerations within build, release, CI/CD and other similar tooling.
- Working knowledge and experience with industry cybersecurity frameworks, standards and best practices including, but not limited to CIS, CSA CCM, NIST CSF/PF, MITRE ATT&K, and or ISO.
- Working knowledge and experience of the fundamentals of hardening is required.
- Working knowledge and experience with observability and monitoring tools.
- Development background or ability to script in common languages like Python, shell, powershell is a highly preferred.
- Experienced in developing artifacts, metrics and dashboards to track various vulnerability trends and SLAs and communicating them to business stakeholders is a big plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills is required.
- Strong customer presentation skills is required
- Experience with collaboration tools like Slack, Confluence, Jira is a plus
- The candidate must have the ability to communicate well, contribute to cross functional and individual project teams, participate in and contribute to a variety of topics across security disciplines, and disseminate technical information as appropriate in support of Trace3’s critical business, go to market, and operational needs.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
will be based on a variety of factors, including location, experience, skill set, performance, licensure and certification, and business needs. The range for this position in other geographic locations may differ. Certain positions may also be eligible for variable incentive compensation, such as bonuses or commissions, that is not included in the base salary.Estimated Pay Range$139,634—$202,606 USD