Working at AtlassianAtlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.We have an office in Bengaluru but as we continue to expand our footprint in India, we can hire eligible candidates remotely anywhere in India.Job description
Confluence Data Center is expanding its footprint in India. We are looking for experienced senior engineers to join our India team and help us to work with security. You will help the team to find creative solutions to fix security problems in our codebase, participating in the investigation, solution design, and implementation. Those fixes will require excellent problem-solving skills and grant you opportunities to be challenged by their complexities and scale. You will have a chance to work across all the products and with all sorts of integrations with other Atlassian products and our ecosystem.You will be counted on to provide guidance and mentorship with hands-on development of internal development, automation, and continuous integration processes. You will have a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to be involved in many different aspects of the Confluence Data Center.We are looking for candidates who seek to make a significant impact through collaboration with like-minded leaders, driving highly autonomous teams, and working closely with real-world customer deployments. We are determined to make Confluence the standard platform for Enterprise customers, meeting the highest level of security and compliance standards.
What you'll do
- Guide large projects autonomously, from technical design to launch
- Promote your team's mission, and anticipate problems that might derail them by improving team and engineering culture and practices.
- Automate testing, deployment, and other tasks related to software delivery
- Manage infrastructure to ensure high availability and performance
- Implement monitoring systems for the infrastructure and applications
- Solve complex architecture challenges, apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Lead by example, contributing to code reviews, documentation and take on complex bug fixes, especially on high-risk problems
- Partner across engineering teams to solve company-wide programmes
- Mentor and level up the skills of your teammates by sharing your expertise through knowledge sharing sessions
- Participate in Agile software development including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, team retrospectives, show and tell demo sessions
- Identify blockers, success metrics ensuring awareness and expectations
- At least 5 years of experience in DevOps tooling and CI/CD pipelines
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Development with one or more prominent languages such as Kotlin, Java, Python or similar.
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Fluency in any one database technology (e.g. RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres or NoSQL like DynamoDB or Cassandra)
- Experience creating and implementing well-tested, scalable and performant distributed systems
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Practice in mentoring other engineers and influencing decision makers throughout the organisation
- Consider the customer impact when making technical decisions
#LI-RemoteOur perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits
to learn more.About Atlassian
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.