Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud
-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $460M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 20,000+ customers across 70+ countries.
About the Alarms Team:
As a member of the Alarms engineering team, you will be responsible for building compelling user experiences for one of Verkada’s major new product categories. This is an opportunity to take ownership over software products which keep our customers protected in times of critical need.
You’ll be working alongside a small, dynamic team of frontend, backend and firmware engineers to develop these experiences. Our team operates as a startup within a startup, so you can expect a lot of autonomy and impact on the direction of the Alarms product category.
If you are an experienced, frontend or full-stack engineer who is excited about building new ways to keep people safe and secure, then we want to hear from you.
Your Day to Day:
- Build best-in-class product experiences across our Command web platform (React) and our mobile applications (React Native)
- Work closely with product, design and the rest of our engineering team to create features which delight users and customers
- Help mentor other engineers
- Contribute to other parts of the stack (e.g. our backend services), if that interests you
Experience and Education:
- Strong architectural understanding of custom components, custom UI, and cross-browser support
- Eye for design, product details, and polish
- Understanding of HTTP and practical debugging techniques
- Working knowledge of at least one server-side framework and one database system
- Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- Interest (or fluency) in TypeScript
- Experience with React Native and mobile development
- Experience with Redux and Webpack
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo
Perks and Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Estimated Annual Pay Range$130,000—$280,000 USD
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.