Have you designed, developed, and operated solutions as part of the Endpoint Security team? Do you focus on safeguarding desktops, laptops, servers, and cloud resources from both internal and external threats? Have you achieved this by implementing additional preventive, detective, and hardening controls? Is one of the essential aspects of your work enabling real-time endpoint detection and response capabilities? If this sounds like you, then you might be Fivesky’s next Linux Endpoint Security Engineer.
Who you are:
- 10-15+ years hands-on Enterprise information technology experience.
- Strong knowledge of Linux Endpoint Internals and Automation in environments of 50,000+ Servers.
- Experience in Design/Engineering/Architecting new solutions from Proof of Concept to Production.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex Linux environments.
- Competency with any scripting language such as PowerShell, Python etc.
- Have an interest to learn/work with cybersecurity technologies.
- Experience of Antivirus, Encryption, EPP and EDR Controls, Sandboxing, OS Hardening, CIS benchmarks.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Docker, Ansible, Terraform and or Google Cloud.
- Experience with Splunk.
- Experience working in a DevOps/SRE aligned team.
- Effective troubleshooting skills across hardware, OS, network, and storage.
- Experience of platform design, build and deployment, with a focus on continual service improvement.
- Experience with Tanium.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
What you will do:
- You will be part of a Global cross-disciplined Agile Team working towards DevOps practices within the firm's Endpoint Security Team.
- You will have strong Linux Infrastructure/Security knowledge and experience working in enterprise on-prem and cloud environments.
- You will research, architect, engineer and deploy Linux (RHEL) based OS and Container based security controls.
- You will complete environment configuration, automation, build, and documentation tasks with a focus on reliability and ongoing supportability.
- You will have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with excellent development, communication, and organizational skills.
- You will be responsible for continuously improving the quality of our technology solutions, through a range of methods including peer review, retrospectives and refactoring as required.
Would be awesome if you’re:
- Cross-skilled in any Windows or MacOS platforms
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York, NY. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.