Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
As a Vulnerable Customer specialist, you will provide care and guidance for our customers with complex, additional needs.
The role will help us to develop our processes in order to improve the customer journey and deliver good outcomes.
This role will do the first 6 weeks full time in the office, followed by 2 days a week after this period.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service by offering solutions to help and benefit customers in need of specialist support, across a variety of channels including the telephone, email and in-app messaging.
- Support our customers with additional needs by providing an empathetic and bespoke service to enable them to manage their account.
- Provide support and guidance to other departments and colleagues across the Bank.
- Capture and maintain detailed and accurate customer records.
- Work with third parties to aid in developing expertise and business understanding of customer vulnerabilities.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Identify areas for process, policy and service improvements.
Behaviours & Competencies:
- Integrity- Always do the right thing for our customers, colleagues and Starling.
- Resilience -An individual with the ability to handle complex issues.
- Passionate about helping customers with additional needs.
- Maintain own knowledge of regulatory requirements and best industry practices.
- A positive “can-do” attitude whilst working in a changeable, fast paced environment.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Experience in supporting customers with additional needs in the financial services sector. (Essential)
- Ability to interact professionally and empathetically with customers.
- Ability to plan and prioritise in a changing, busy environment.
- Effective communication style that’s adaptable to a diverse range of customers and colleagues.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good problem solving skills
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
About us:You may be put off applying for a role because you don't tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we're always open to discussion. So, if you're excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you're 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.