Working at AtlassianAtlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.Our office is in Bengaluru, but we offer flexibility for eligible candidates to work remotely across India. Whatever your preference—working from home, an office, or in between— you can choose the place that's best for your work and your lifestyle.Jira Service Management Data Center
Atlassian Data Center products are built for enterprise and designed to be self-managed by our customers. They provide flexibility to meet the unique needs of our customers through infrastructure choices and controls. They are built to meet the expectations of quality and security of our customers and have built-in enterprise-grade features to meet the complex demands of our customers.Jira Service Management is Atlassian’s service management solution for all teams. Jira Service Management is designed to help you unlock high-velocity teams by 1) empowering every team to deliver great service fast, 2) bringing visibility to work, and 3) accelerating the flow of work between development, IT, and business teams. Built on Jira, it encompasses deeper service management practices across service request, incident, problem, change, knowledge, asset, and configuration management.Jira Service Management is built on the Jira platform, so you’ll see some terms and concepts that carry across all of Atlassian’s Jira products. It’s designed to bring IT, development, operations and business teams closer together with a variety of features that emphasize collaboration at speed.Your Future Team
The Jira Service Management Data Center team is comprised of people of different backgrounds delivering large-scale web-based software. We are focused on improving the productivity of teams who rely on our service and asset management software. We are a growing, high-impact and high-performing team in the Enterprise organisation of Atlassian.We are hiring Senior Engineers to come and join our growing team. You and the team will provide an incredible experience for users of JSM by building features they love.
What You'll do
- Regularly tackle large and complex projects in the team, contributing to technical design, implementation and release.
- Partner with other engineers, designers and product managers to deliver quality features for JSM DC
- Rotational feature leading on large projects
- Routinely tackle complex architectural challenges and apply our architectural standards
- Contribute to documentation
- Work with the team to solve complex bug fixes
- Guide other engineers in the team by pair programming, tech design reviews, meaningful code reviews and sharing through our Craft Brownbag Sessions.
- Partner across engineering teams to take on company-wide initiatives spanning multiple projects
- Keep our quality bar high
- Mentor more junior members
- 7+ years of experience in Java programming language & frameworks
- Experience building large-scale, web-based enterprise software
- A track record of execution, risk management, and delivering outcomes
- Experience with risk assessment, testing practices and philosophies, and have a quality-oriented mindset
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Passion for product and delivering value to customers
- Passion for collaborating with and mentoring junior members of the team
- Great communication to build and articulate a technical vision for the product and pitch it to critical stakeholders.
If you have any of the following experience, even better
Our perks & benefits
- Experience with one or more prominent languages such as Scala or Kotlin
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits
to learn more.About Atlassian
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.