Technical Specialist, Android Applications Software Engineer
Newark, CA••December 11, 2023
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobilityAt Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.We are seeking an Android Applications software engineer to work on the user interface for automotive infotainment system for Lucid Air and Lucid Gravity.
- Work in conjunction with the user experience design team to define, scope, and refine the user-facing features and interactions.
- Design, implement, and deliver the in-vehicle software utilizing the underlying platform, frameworks, and SDKs.
- Work in conjunction with platform software engineers to analyze and optimize the system to achieve a highly responsive user experience.
- Diagnose, analyze, and resolve relevant issues based on testing, and user validation
- 10+ years of industry experience in Android development, and proven industry experience of shipping Android software products.
- Domain knowledge and experience of software development on the Android system, and have worked with multiple area of Android SDK and APK.
- Proficiency in both Java and Kotlin programming to write clean and well structured code.
- Experience with IDEs, source code management, unit testing, code review, issue tracking, and graphics performance analysis tools.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively.
- Passion for user interactions and doing so with excellence.
- Desire and willingness to constantly learn new knowledge and skills.
- Experience in automotive development
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent