Sr. Corporate Security Engineer
Who We AreVerkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform. Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies. Founded in 2016 with more than $460M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 20,000+ customers across 70+ countries. Overview We are a high-functioning and cohesive team providing an amazing customer experience and focused on opportunities to unlock growth across the company and doing it all with a keen eye on security. We're here to make work easier and more efficient for our coworkers, fix what needs fixing, implement and improve processes, provide automation to increase efficiencies, onboard new hires at a rapid pace, evaluate and procure new solutions in the software and hardware worlds, and administer and improve our SaaS stack. Responsibilities:
- Build, operate and improve Verkada’s Security Monitoring, Detection and Response infrastructure
- Build tools to integrate security into our devices, applications and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with department leaders to define, communicate, and execute on goals, priorities and process
- Collaborate with the CISO and security team to grow the broader Verkada security and privacy programs
- Share your security experience with other teams internally and externally via security conferences, presentations, blogs and open source
- Designing, implementing and deploying security automation and services capable of identifying security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Identifying security gaps in applications, services, and cloud infrastructure and recommending protective measures
- Providing security guidance to application and service owners to remediate security vulnerabilities
- Support the development of the security policies, and standards for the certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience as a security engineer
- Scripting level experience with coding languages such as Python & Bash.
- Understanding of security weaknesses, exploits, attacks, mitigations, and cryptography
- Understanding of privacy engineering concepts and data protection practices
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new security & privacy products, features, and strategies
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).Estimated Annual Pay Range$70,000—$170,000 USD
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.