Senior Security Engineer
WE HELP EVERYONE BELONG. IT’S OUR PURPOSE.
Founded by fans, Crunchyroll delivers the art and culture of anime to a passionate community. We super-serve over 100 million anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories, and help them connect with the stories and characters they crave. Whether that experience is online or in-person, streaming video, theatrical, games, merchandise, events and more, it’s powered by the anime content we all love.
Join our team, and help us shape the future of anime!
Who We Are
We're a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
About The Team
We are the Security Engineering Team, a group of software engineers with a serious passion for ensuring our customers and their data remain secure. Through our code and other third party tooling, we protect the organization from all manner of threats, focusing primarily on securing the software development lifecycle. While we aren't crafting customer-facing applications, the work we do empowers our engineering organization to build & deploy while providing our fans with an incredible & secure anime experience. This role will report into our Security Engineering Manager and is able to sit remote or in one of our offices in the United States.
- 5+ years working on security tooling, API's, and/or consumer facing web technologies
- Lead through analyzing potential issues and providing/implementing solutions
- Work closely with internal team members, and respective teams looking for Security Engineering assistance
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and networking
- Familiarity with code design principles, patterns, and methodologies
- Deep understanding of the development lifecycle, engineering best-practices, and working in an agile environment
- 3+ Years of experience with Python, Typescript or other programming languages
- Key security concepts such as cryptography, authentication, authorization, security protocols
- Security Engineer to have an automation first mindset
- 3+ Years of experience with automated vulnerability scanning
- 3+ Years of experience with containerized workflows (ECS/Kubernetes)
- 3+ Years of experience with AWS
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls
- Experience with DevSecOps
- Familiarity with industry regulations, such as PCI, GDPR, LGPD, and CCPA
- Experience with GCP environments
- Security modeling structures: STRIDE, DREAD, CVSS, OCTAVE, MIL-STD-882E, etc
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, Elastic-Search
- DevOps experience (Applications, Infrastructures, Databases)
- Experience in high-load environments
- BS in Computer Science / equivalent experience
- Experience with automated testing principles and best-practices
A day in the life of a Senior Security Engineer
- Engineering + Security Focus = Security Engineer!
- Analyzes and recommends security standard processes, procedures in acquisition, development, and change management lifecycle of information systems, and monitors for compliance.
- Architects, designs, implements, maintains and operates information system security controls and countermeasures.
- Implement GDPR / CCPA data compliance controls in our Data Compliance Service
- Collaboratively work with security analysts to ensure information from our tools are clear & relevant
- Work and collaborate with engineers, product managers, and project managers to implement security controls across Crunchyroll's Platform, Services, and SDLC
- Support our team and improve internal processes
- Follow software development standard processes and methodologies
- Respond to security incidents. Create generalized solutions to proactively prevent similar events in the future.
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
Not only will you get to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also...
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Enjoy flexible PTO and time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Appreciate the generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance options for you and your family.
- Take advantage of our health saving account HSA program plus health care and dependent care FSA programs.
- Love that we offer an employer match on our 401(k) plan.
- Receive employer paid commuter benefit (for eligible employees)
- Appreciate the generous support program for new parents
- Obtain pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!
About our Values
We want to be everything for someone rather than something for everyone and we do this by living and modeling our values in all that we do. We value
Courage. We believe that when we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
Curiosity. We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
Service. We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
Kaizen. We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Our mission of helping people belong reflects our commitment to diversity & inclusion. It's just the way we do business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our Hiring FAQs: https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040471712-Crunchyroll-Hiring-FAQs
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com email account.