Senior Manager - Engagement Management
United States - Remote••December 8, 2023
Job Summary: Manages IT consulting projects such as systems integration, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), technology strategy and transformation, information systems (IS) security, systems architecture and custom systems development. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed. Work Location: Remote
- Manag professional employees and/or team leads.
- Be accountable for the performance and results of a team within own area of specialty.
- Adapt functional area plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Make decisions and problem solving are guided by processes, procedures and functional area plan; receives guidance from senior management.
- Provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
- Articulate the presenting business issue impacting own team and helps develop the rationale for addressing it (e.g., impact on customer satisfaction scores or team revenues).
- Assist in the identification and analysis (e.g., cost/benefit, risk) of potential solutions to address the business need.
- Sets challenging yet motivating short and long term goals which lead to beneficial individual and team results.
- Conduct presentations on research findings in group and team settings with posters and PowerPoint presentations.
- Develop project plans, defines timeframe, and prioritizes tasks to achieve project milestones and deliver intended objectives.
- Identify the resources required to support a project, and makes recommendations for specific people, technology, partners, etc.
- Monitors progress to meet project milestones, timelines, specifications and requirements.
- Builds due dates into assignments and proactively follows up with team members to ensure deadlines are successfully met.
- Implements solutions based on advanced knowledge of standard practices and previous experiences; escalates complex or unprecedented issues and needed.
- Partners with the various businesses within Rackspace to ensure rapid response to customer escalations.
- Bachelor's Degree in field related to role required. At the Manager's discretion, 4 years of additional related experience may substitute for the degree requirement; if substitution allowed, regional equivalent to High School Diploma is required.
- The following certifications are preferred: Scaled Agile SAFe®, Project Management Professional, Certified Scrum Master, any Azure Cloud Certifications,
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience required.
- Knowledge of at least one modern services framework (K8S, SDWAN, Serverless, etc). Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life