Senior Manager, Accounting (Remote in the U.S.)
We are seeking a highly skilled professional with proven experience in managing accounting teams at a global company to join us as Senior Manager, Accounting. This is a key role with responsibility for managing our month-end accounting close process, providing leadership to our corporate and LATAM accounting teams, ensuring effective collaboration between accounting, finance, and business functional teams, and driving continuous improvements and enhancements to our close and reporting processes.
- QQCoordinates monthly accounting close by establishing and communicating critical deadlines and monitoring progress across multiple teams and functions.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of critical tasks and processes, including journal entries, reconciliations, internal schedules and variance explanations, and reporting.
- Recommends and implements improvements to financial schedules, reports, and processes.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls requirements and accounting policies related to areas of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and leaders within accounting, finance, operations, and other cross-functional areas.
- Maintains expertise of US GAAP and works collaboratively with technical accounting team to identify, resolve, and document non-routine and/or complex transactions in areas of responsibility.
- Leads, coaches, and develops team of accounting professionals fostering a positive work environment.
- Effectively liaison with internal and external auditors and be responsive to audit requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- 10+ years of relevant experience with emphasis in public company accounting or financial reporting and/or public accounting; minimum 4 years leadership experience
- Extensive working knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of meeting deadlines while balancing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Adaptable to rapidly changing business needs and priorities
- Strong team orientation, with demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-functionally
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills