Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
About the Role
The Cybersecurity Engineer, will be a member of our Group Technology Cybersecurity team located in any Datacom office.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the Cybersecurity sector and is looking to build a career in this space. You will have a solid understanding of networks, firewalls, proxies, SIEM, Endpoint controls, DLP concepts and technologies.
You will have at least 3-5 years’ experience in a Cybersecurity related role and ideally have exposure to security technologies such as Crowdstrike, Azure, Sentinel, Check Point, Palo Alto, Fortinet etc.
It is vital you have a solid understanding of ITIL and experience troubleshooting and resolving application and network problems. Exposure to Security Orchestration and Automation, Threat Intelligence or Threat Hunting are highly regarded.
This role can be based out of any Datacom office in Australia. Australian Citizenship is essential for Federal Government security clearance requirements.
What you’ll do
The core objectives and responsibilities of a Platforms and Operations Cybersecurity Engineer includes the responsibility for maintaining a system or specific components of a system.
- Configuring and updating hardware and software
- Establishing and managing user accounts
- Overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks
- Implementing operational and technical security controls
- Adhering to organisational security policies and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze various open-source and proprietary threat intelligence feeds to identify emerging cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Conduct extensive research and analysis of threat actors, their TTPs (Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures), and motives.
- Lead and coordinate incident response efforts, working closely with cross-functional teams to contain and mitigate the impact of security breaches.
What you’ll bring
- Ability and willingness to self-managing and be proactive
- Advanced understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that modern attackers use to compromise organizations
- A customer centric approach ensuring consistency in delivery of service
- Knowledge of networks, firewalls, proxies' concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of operating system command-line tools.
- Knowledge of system/server diagnostic tools and fault identification techniques.
- Knowledge of systems engineering theories, concepts, and methods.
- Knowledge of organizational information technology (IT) user security policies (e.g., account creation, password rules, access control).
- Knowledge of systems administration concepts.
- Skills in Sentinel are highly desirable and preference for these
- Knowledge of measures or indicators of system performance and availability.
- Familiarity with common threat intelligence frameworks and standards (e.g., MITRE ATT&CK, STIX/TAXII).
- Familiarity and exposure to working on Intelligence platform will be highly regarded
Culture and Benefits
Datacom is ones of Australia and New Zealand’s largest suppliers of Information Technology professional services. As an ANZ company, we have managed to maintain a dynamic, agile, small business feel that is often diluted in larger organisations of our size. It's our people that give Datacom its unique culture and energy that you can feel from the moment you meet with us.
At Datacom you'll be recognised and valued for your contributions. We're growing year on year and can provide stability, career opportunity and a collegial, agile, flat-structured environment that empowers people and promotes autonomy. We care about our people and provide a range of perks such as social events, chill-out spaces, remote working, flexi-hours and professional development courses to name a few. We operate at the leading edge of technology to help ANZ’s largest enterprise organisations explore possibilities and solve their greatest challenges, so you will never run out of interesting new challenges and opportunities.
If you would like to know more and this sounds like you. Please apply online today!